Razorfex with stonecrusher claws - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Razorfex with stonecrusher claws

This thing is a Carnifex I made recently. I called the Razorfex because of it's big claws. they are the stonecrusher claws from Forge world though I just have them as crushing claws. I decided to use actual crushing claws as it's legs to give it a more insectoid feel so that it would fit in better with my scorpion themed hive fleet. The actual stonecrusher claws themselves were fun to paint as they provivded quite a few options. Basically they could be carapace or exoskeleton or something else. In the end I went for a very dark green which is similar to the carpace.

The twinlinked devourer was fun to do on the top of the Carnifex. I used parts froma barbed strangler and three devourers linked together to make it. I used green stuff to blend it to the carapace of the Carnifex. I also stuck on the end of the left arm of a Tyranid warrior venom cannon to the devourer which I painted as an eye to represent enhanced senses as a bio-targeter. The bag or bit in the end of the devourer came from a Tyranid warrior barbed strangler left arm.

I cut off those normal vents and replaced them with barbed strangler gun barrels. I put spikes onto the them and used green stuff to fill in the tops to show it has toxic miasma. I chose the tusked head as I haven't used it before and it seemed good for the job. I also stuck the adrenal gland onto the underside of the Carnifex as it won't fit on the spinebanks on it's back. I filled in the gap it made with carapace parts and green stuff. The tail was also elongated to give the new legs it has more space. A coat hanger wire and green stuff was all that was needed. Comment, questions, critcism welcome.

o

Last edited by Leech; February 16th, 2008 at 22:53.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Mighty icky!

Not sure what to sa apart from "WOW" and then I'm not talking online games... Awesome model Leech.
    Love the paintjob but unfortunately I have way too little experience of the Tyrranidrange to properly judge the conversionwork. I just assume it's equally great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Wow, is abotu all I can say too. That fex is awesome.
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Stunning as every Leechy, I love the tail, and the eye is wicked. Did you gloss it, paint extra green bits on and gloss again? It looks really effective, youll have to share the technique so i can steal it!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by macewind View Post
    Stunning as every Leechy, I love the tail, and the eye is wicked. Did you gloss it, paint extra green bits on and gloss again? It looks really effective, youll have to share the technique so i can steal it!
    The eye was painted with a mix of dark angels green and black. Then I added a small amount of highlighting with dark angels green over the whole thing. I then used emerald green (not sure if they make that anymore) and painted on stripes. I also painted a strip in the center where the slitted pupil would be going.

I then used goblin green and then scorpion green to give the stripes more colour and then finally a mix of scorpion green, yellow and white. The last thing to do was apply a strip of black paint as the pupil and use a very small amount of black paint around the edge to shade it a little.

The eye was given gloss varnish and then after about a day when it would be really dry I gave it gloss varnish again. Basically the whole effect is caused by a series of layers being applied to the eye. Thanks for the responses.

Borderlands addict Phoenix Lazarus's Avatar
    There's no place I can be, since I've found Serenity.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    148 (x3)

Well blast my man bits off and hang them in a tree!! That sure is a freaking awesome example of sheer awesome's awesome!

Ok...it's a wickedly cool 'fex that inspires me greatly(except for the cash of course...)

*Applies rep with a Rimmer salute*

:happy:

Floating around space finding and converting small planets into biomatter for the fleet.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

Another awesome model by the great Leechy... I just love how slimy you get your models looking :happy:. Not really much to say, apart from its up the quality that people have come to expect from you. Totally amazing that is ;Y. Reppage for thee!

Main Armies: The Septem Edo Hivefleets || Da Mekanikus of Mek Skagnatz || Clan Skrawlskir of the White Rat || The Eternal Legion of Chlorr

No King Rules Forever Dawnrunner's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

Holy **** on a **** sandwich with **** on top and a side helping of ****....this is such an unbelievably awesome model! Absolutely incredible painting too!
    The Emperor set a fire in their hearts that they might burn the iniquitous and the impure from his sight. And the light of that flame shall be as a beacon to the faithful, a light that shines in the darkest places.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x3)

Leech your work is always great, and never changes. Great model, great paint job, and great painter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit
    Geez, toon, your avatar changes more than Bill Clinton's campaign platform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The crusher claws areso small compared to the Ston crushers its not even funny. Good substitution and if your opponent whines just flip your nose at him and tel lhim to bugger off. ;Y
    http://brunsvillegame.blogspot.com/2...1_archive.html
    PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LOOK AT MY BLOG!
    Rep people if they help you!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast