Spider Webs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spider Webs

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Spider Webs

Anybody have a suggestion on a material to make spider web? I'm building the new Goblin Boss on Gigantic Spider, and would like to embellish the base further.

Also, holy cow is this thing a mean hunk-o-pewter. Already broken a drill bit in impatience =/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

Maybe use either a cotton wool ball that has been unravelled so it's all wispy and stuff or alternatively get a spool of cotton thread (the ones that go in the sewing machine) and use that for strands?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

There's some packaging or other that can be pulled apart to look very "cobwebby", I know that the Perrys use it.
    Also what do you mean "mean hunk of pewter"? It's just a proper sized model made of a proper medium. The Marauder giant, now he's big.
    Up, up and away!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

You could try this for ideas. That spider has spider web on it.

Games Workshop Online Store — Goblin Warboss on Gigantic Spider (Direct Only)

The spider web there would be metal and is painted as spider web. You could simply find a material such as thick glue. Position some wire where you want the web to go. Then drip the glue over the wire and paint it pale looking as though it is spider web.

You could also try to use sewing thread soaked in PVA. This could be wrapped all over the areas you want and then painted as web. You could wrap this stuff around some zombie models to make them look like victims.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Fishing line should make good spider webs, and if you attatch it after priming and paintng, it will be transparent and shine in the light.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Leech View Post
    You could try this for ideas. That spider has spider web on it.

Games Workshop Online Store — Goblin Warboss on Gigantic Spider (Direct Only)

The spider web there would be metal and is painted as spider web. You could simply find a material such as thick glue. Position some wire where you want the web to go. Then drip the glue over the wire and paint it pale looking as though it is spider web.

You could also try to use sewing thread soaked in PVA. This could be wrapped all over the areas you want and then painted as web. You could wrap this stuff around some zombie models to make them look like victims.
    That's the model I'm building =). I will try that idea with the wire. I have the captured dwarf from skull pass too, might cut him in half and have him sticking out under a pile of leaves.

Also what do you mean "mean hunk of pewter"? It's just a proper sized model made of a proper medium. The Marauder giant, now he's big.
    The legs are actually quite small where they fix to the underside of the body, so I've had to use much smaller pins than I normally would with a model this size, plus, there are of course eight of them to drill out! It's been quite time consuming.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

The blood on the below model was made with hot glue. Maybe it could be of use

Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. July 15th, 2008, 22:39
  2. February 19th, 2008, 14:42