boonie hats - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: boonie hats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

boonie hats

has anyone tried boonie hats on imp. guard? i was thinking of trying it soon. how would i do it with cadian heads though? should i shave down the helmet and try something like that?
    tell me what you think... thx! i will post pictures of some of my tries when i get some done...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I think the easiest would be to use the Catachan heads as the Cadians would require more tidying up, or maybe use some heads from the WHFB-range.

But I'd do like this, no matter what head, cut it of clean just above the eyebrows, add a circle of thin somewhat bent plasticard and then just make the top from greenstuff.

Borderlands addict Phoenix Lazarus's Avatar
    There's no place I can be, since I've found Serenity.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    148 (x3)

Ok, so it's not Imperial Guard, but I have tried to sculpt a 'boonie' style hat for my Ork Kommando:http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...onversion.html
    Unfortunately it's not brilliantly clear
    What I did was, roll a small ball of greenstuff and flatten it between your fingers(making sure they're very well lubricated or wet) into a rough circle. I then gently pressed it onto the head and VERY carefully lifted my thumb away(it could be worth using a sculpting tool of something to help prise it away) After that I jabbed at the edges to give it that crinkled and creased appearance and then left it to dry.
    Once it was dry I rolled out another ball of greenstuff(roughly the same size, but it depends on what you want really) and pressed that gently into the approximate centre of the circle.Then, using the flattening part of the GW sculpting tool, I pushed downwards from top to bottom of the ball to blend it in with the(insert name of the flappy bit of the hat 'cos I have no idea) I found it slightly easier to do this once it had cured for about 20-30 minutes. Finally I added some creases around the join.
    I am not good at writing out guides like this, but I hope you get the idea from reading this and looking at the pictures.
    Hope it helps!
    Good luck and can't wait to see some of your attempts 8Y

:happy:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x4)

Speaking of the devil, Dr. Thunder is in the process of making a guard upgrade pack that includes boonie hats. The Phoenix Club :: View topic - Imperial Guard Accessory Pack Hope that helps

+ Reply to Thread