Cool idea for Tzeenthz or other bases! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

Cool idea for Tzeenthz or other bases!

Well guys looking at the White dwarf issue about the demon world I came up with a nice Idea for My tzeentzh bases. You take a rough wallpaper. the kind with "cracks" in it, it's a pretty thick wallpaper. Just glue it to the base and place your model on top. Just undercoat it and then use the normale frotress and codex grey drybrush. Then will up the craks with some nice dark blue (regal or ultra marine) and then do a centre higlight with some light blue (iceblue , enchanted blue) and a final highlight of skull white. This will make for a kind of energie crack in the ground and looks really coolwith armies on demon world's or which make lot of use of magical power's.

Well I get on this really soon hopefully Post some picture soon to let you all see what I mean.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

If the wallpaper, for what ever reason, doesn't work out, you can perhaps spread some greenstuff on the base and press the wallpaper into it, creating textures that way!

Anyways, good idea dude!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

well that won't leave the cracks but you could just model it yourself then. But jou could make a greaanstuff mold for all your basses and jsut turn and place it is bit different each time. But anyways if i can work on it I'll post the pics

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

There's a product you can buy at your local hardware store (Home Depot or Lowe's for the U.S.). It's a two part painting kit that creates these little cracks in the paint. Step 1) Apply the paint. Step 2) apply a solution that causes the paint to crack, which incidentally also seals it.

I can't remember off hand what the stuff is called, but you can inquire about it in the paint department of a hardware store.

Best of luck.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

hmm sounds good aswell Mr. bugs but Is bit more workish will try wallpaper first but will post how it goes.

+ Reply to Thread