Cherub, [WIP][pics] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Cherub, [WIP][pics]

Yesterday I rewarded myself with a nice new paintbrush. I needed somthing to break it in and had this thing hanging around just begging to get painted and here it is.
    It's still a WIP as the skulls aren't finished and I've not done the string that holds the things on the front but it's 80-90% done and I'm quite pleased with how it came out.
    Enjoy!

I actually took a good photo; the day was all good 'til my computer said "no more".

Last edited by Walex; March 12th, 2008 at 10:42.
    Up, up and away!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Love the skintone, like the child is dead but still animated, great job!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Renaissance Man Inquisitor Earl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x2)

That is very cool and the skintone is really well done.

what model is that? where'd you get it? I want one!
    I am Inquisitor Earl, fear my sandwich!

My website: www.ferrus-workshops.com

My blog: ferrus-workshops-blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x2)

Looking good Walex! Its good to see you getting better at your painting (and photography!)!

I really like the skin tone, looks good and palid, yet looks like it has something inside it (blood, etc)...

A few things I noticed that could do with a bit of work - the metal of the lock right on the front of the model looks very flat, maybe a few washes or something might give it a bit of life, or age.

Ad it looks like you might have got a bit of metallic paint inside the eye of the skull, bottom right of the top pic.

I think you've done well with the lenses and bone work too, even though you aren't finished yet. Nice! ;Y
    But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.
    Psalm 55:16

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Earl View Post
    That is very cool and the skintone is really well done.

what model is that? where'd you get it? I want one!
    It's an inquisitorial henchman (hench-abomination?) It came out of a blister, I think it was a witch hunters one.

Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    Looking good Walex! Its good to see you getting better at your painting (and photography!)!

I really like the skin tone, looks good and palid, yet looks like it has something inside it (blood, etc)...

A few things I noticed that could do with a bit of work - the metal of the lock right on the front of the model looks very flat, maybe a few washes or something might give it a bit of life, or age.

Ad it looks like you might have got a bit of metallic paint inside the eye of the skull, bottom right of the top pic.

I think you've done well with the lenses and bone work too, even though you aren't finished yet. Nice! ;Y
    Thanks; my glazing is indeed better than it was not long ago and I've finally taken a good picture!
    The trouble with the lock is that it is indeed flat! I'll try to make it a little more interesting though.
    What you're seeing is a lack of undercoat (I think) but there is a mistake on the front one as well... I'll fix them soon.
    I'll probably finish up tomorrow but if not I might not get the chance until the weekend. Keep your eyes peeled.
    Last edited by Walex; March 12th, 2008 at 12:33.
    Up, up and away!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Walex View Post
    It's an inquisitorial henchman (hench-abomination?) It came out of a blister, I think it was a witch hunters one.

Thanks; my glazing is indeed better than it was not long ago and I've finally taken a good picture!
    The trouble with the lock is that it is indeed flat! I'll try to make it a little more interesting though.
    What you're seeing is a lack of undercoat (I think) but there is a mistake on the front one as well... I'll fix them soon.
    I'll probably finish up tomorrow but if not I might not get the chance until the weekend. Keep your eyes peeled.
    Very nice model, I just love the skin, very deep.

The only thing i would say is that the brown sash (or belt, whatever) looks rather flat. A little highlight and it would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

I love the skintone... it looks as it is made from a dead person....

Even if you leave it this way it is very nice!
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x4)

Looks nice!
    How did you paint the bone, BTW?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

I too like the look of the skintone. Really emphasizes the idea of the bodies just being meat for the machine.

I would like to see some pictures that are more to scale with the model. These ones are a bit too big in scale.

I must say that since the first models you have shown you have improved tremendously. Kudos!

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
    Looks nice!
    How did you paint the bone, BTW?
    Starting from black, a few layers of thinned kommando khaki, pulling the pigment where it was best needed followed by some white/khaki mix (if I recall correctly) and finally some pure white which I still have to glaze back down.
    Quote Originally Posted by slorak View Post
    I too like the look of the skintone. Really emphasizes the idea of the bodies just being meat for the machine.

I would like to see some pictures that are more to scale with the model. These ones are a bit too big in scale.

I must say that since the first models you have shown you have improved tremendously. Kudos!

-Mike
    Thanks, I'm going to keep on glazing with these reactions! Once I've finished I'l try to get a scaled picture up but I can't guarantee that my camera will be obliging again.
    Up, up and away!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast