Imperial Guard Costume - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x4)

Imperial Guard Costume

Well with a scifi convention quickly approaching and a 40k tournament taking place there I figured it was about time for me to make a costume for it. Might intimidate my enemies alittle bit, lol.

So yeah this is the begining of a IG guardsman costume. The front armor is almost done and only needs some paint. The helemts going to be a bitch, a paintball mask will stand it need be. The sholder pads will be much bigger, thats just the base and the lasgun need alot more detailing. Hope you guys a get a good laugh out of this. Im a sure win for the best Imperail Guard player award again this year. Ill post more pictures as more is finished.

I honestly have to say I think this is really how they made flak armor for the IG, foam and cardboard held together with elmers and hotglue!

UPDATE

WEll that the armor as is. The shoulder pads are a little small but im not complaining. Now everything just needs somepaint.

Wow a reallife lasgun, now it just needs to be finished being painted and the like.

-Fox

Final Update: complete

Well here you go, one day before the convention that the costume was made for and shes done. The las gun couldnt have to much detail other wise the 'con might not let me walk around with it as it might be mistaken for a real one. But yeah this is the best I could do in a week with no budget, some cardboard, and awhole lot of hot glue. The shoulder pads look good in my opinion, too small but the right shape and everything. Eventually I might have the time and money to make a helmet, till then enjoy 40k fans and hopefully you'll see me at a con near you soon!

Fox

Last edited by Guant; April 4th, 2008 at 02:18.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

thats great lol! I was going to say before I read the bottom bit about their armor : It looks like you've constructed a working replica of the imperial guards armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

LOL, next time you should wear that straw hat. I think it would really set that costume off.

I went to GD as a guardsman one year, but then, I'm in the military. So, all I had to do is get dressed like I was going to work... Seriously, back when Bulldog Belt Buckle still made all those pins in was really easy! I got the Eagle belt buckle, a few eagle pins, and the Tanith badge and stuck them all on a desert camo uniform. It looked good. I'd highly suggest using the pins if you have any.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x4)

UPDATE ON PROGRESS

WEll that the armor as is. The shoulder pads are a little small but im not complaining. Now everything just needs somepaint. Sadly I didnt have enough time to make the helmet for this weekends convention, oh well my halo 360 hedset will jsut have to surfice.

Wow a reallife lasgun, now it just needs to be finished being painted and the like. Sorry for the blurry picture

-Fox

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

254 (x8)

Nice work mate

I plan on making up an hardcore Imperial Preacher outfit someday. Just need the robe, and the materials to make a big chainsword xD
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Doh! I hate to ruin it for you but I just realized you put Srg on your uniform. The proper truncation of Sargeant is Sgt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

I wish i was cool like you! That's so awesome can you make me one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by RexTalon View Post
    Doh! I hate to ruin it for you but I just realized you put Srg on your uniform. The proper truncation of Sargeant is Sgt.
    LOL not a problem. That was just a mock run. I havnt put the final letters on and will fix it accordingly. Thanks

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Man that looks awesome.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Paintwater cup != tea mug catbarf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x2)

Very nice, but that lasgun looks downright painful to hold.
    If you think Mathammer doesn't work and dice cannot be predicted, there's a whole field of mathematics called probability that would like to disagree.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)