Alien Tyranids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alien Tyranids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alien Tyranids

I always liked how GW based the Tyranids on the Alien movies. So I searched the internet to see if anyone had attempted to convert their nids to look like alien, and I found this site: About the Alienid Swarm

I got all of my inspiration from there, and I decided to make my own. Sorry for the poor quality of the photos, I have lost my digital camera and took these with my mobile phone cam. Please see attached images. I'll be uploading more soon

Note: all of this work is still in progress

Attached Images
    Last edited by Alienid; March 22nd, 2008 at 19:32.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are some more. Enjoy. ;Y
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looking good. Im also going to try something like this (either aliens or bugs from starship troopers) later on. I might need to work on my gs skills. cant wait to see some more!

Edit: Just had an awsome idea for facehugger ripper swarms which should be easily achievable through wire and a blob of GS.
    Last edited by Kazuo_Kiriyama; March 20th, 2008 at 11:31.
    ----------------------------------------------
    IRON CHEF SCENEY II

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't really need to be great at modelling GS to be able to do that. I'm a total n00b with GS, but with some patience and a swiss army knife, I have done a decent job on modelling the heads.

I was also thinking of using the rippers as chestbursters, they are almost perfect for the job. I am currently modelling a lictor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool, makes me wish I'd collected 'nids instead of 'crons to start with...

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Xenomorphs have acidic blood so if you take toxin sacs and acid maw upgrades on your nids, you will have the entire package. They are also covered in lubricant slime so I think gloss enamel is a good tool to cover the models with in order for them to resemble the alien look.
    For a project like this, highlighting is a big issue since the models are entirely black and dark blue, so good luck and a rep for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Good job! I'm a huge fan of the Alien series, except the AVP movies were trash.... Also I read somewhere a while ago that Alien was released in 1978? but tyranids were first mentioned in 1977?!?! So who's copying who now. /conspiracy theory.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by gauss_storm View Post
    Also I read somewhere a while ago that Alien was released in 1978? but tyranids were first mentioned in 1977?!?! So who's copying who now. /conspiracy theory.
    Who is copying who? Tyranids were originally designed as six-limbed space dinosaurs which used bio-tech and didn't look like the Alien. They didn't have a Hive mind and they were native to this galaxy. Since then the swarm has evolved. The basic concept for Tyranids is now based upon the rough humanoid shape. To this Giger's Alien is added. Insects and dinosaurs are also used to complete the design and give us the 'look' which is what we now know as Tyranids.

Basically if you want to get a good feel for Tyranids watch Alien and Aliens, then watch Jurrasic park and Starship troopers. You should watch all these films back to back only pausing to get food and water. Once this is done you will have a good feel of Tyranids.

About this post. I like those Alien-nids. The work that is being done on them is top notch. I think my favourite is the Tyranid warrior. the shape of the head is very much as Giger would of intended it to be. I also think that a good job has been done in making sure that the head is properly proportioned to look like it fits with the body.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WraithGuardian View Post
    Xenomorphs have acidic blood so if you take toxin sacs and acid maw upgrades on your nids, you will have the entire package. They are also covered in lubricant slime so I think gloss enamel is a good tool to cover the models with in order for them to resemble the alien look.

The toxin sacs wont be a problem, I give most of my nids those anyway, but the acid maws will be a bit harder. If anyone has any ideas on how to model them, it would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by WraithGuardian View Post
    For a project like this, highlighting is a big issue since the models are entirely black and dark blue
    Thats good, since my painting skills aren't brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Leech;1125513I
    also think that a good job has been done in making sure that the head is properly proportioned to look like it fits with the body.
    I took great care with that. If the head was out of proportion even a bit, the end result would have been much different, and I went through quite a few warrior heads to get 2 decent ones. I have one mroe head left, so I'm gonna have to do a good job on this one.

I should be able to get some more pics posted up soon. Thanks for the positive comments guys, it really helps my confidence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

Im actually doing the same thing, but i have an monstrous creature list lol. A flying Queen with 5 acid spitting Carnifexes with loads of little xenomorph goodness ;Y As for acid maws, maybe you could put some greenstuff around the mouth and then paint it like they are drooling. Then for further effect, put some concrete/metal/power on the base and have holes in it to show the acidity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast