Decisions Decisions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decisions Decisions

I am wanting to start a new army (either chaos or SM). I want to do a boarding action theme with the bases as metal Space hulk floors. Now a couple of questions:

1) Do you think that a Space hulk would be big enough for bikes or tanks to move through? I would like to have maybe some bikes or tanks with the army, but if the theme/fluff does not allow the vehicles I will skip them and go with a infantry based army.

2) Any ideas on which slots to fill and what with?

3)
    Also I have a set of Forgeworld Ultramarines term. shoulde pads on the way. Any ideas for names for either chaos or a new Sm army with the "U" emblem?

Like I said I want to do a boarding party, So maybe termies and a dread, assault marines (if using SM) without backpacks. Just a couple ideas, main thing though wondering about the vehicles. Thanks all

Last edited by Lord Vercingetorix; March 27th, 2008 at 17:56.
    I shall call him Squishy, and he shall be mine, and he shall be my Squishy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Floating around space finding and converting small planets into biomatter for the fleet.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

Taking thoughts from the original Space Hulk board game, and the space hulk sections in the PC game Chaos Gate, I'd say tanks are definately too big, including dreadnaughts etc. Bikes would also be very restricted and probably useless in most boarding actions so if you want to fit with your fluff, I'd say leave both of them out.

'U' Marine ideas

Not sure about anything for normal marines, but 'The Undying Legion' sounds pretty nice for chaos, although I'm not sure if that already exists... possibly 'The Unforgiven' as a chaos chapter based off the Dark Angels somehow, although I think there's already something by that name.

Main Armies: The Septem Edo Hivefleets || Da Mekanikus of Mek Skagnatz || Clan Skrawlskir of the White Rat || The Eternal Legion of Chlorr

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Tanks might be able to operate in large open spaces in starships. Bikes wouldnt be that useful either, being to tight to move around certain corridors and such.

For Chaos I'd suggest using plenty of terminators and infantry choice, limited fast choices. It would mainly be walking infantry or DSing infantry. Obiltorators would be a nice choice.

The Red corsairs are a ship to ship boarding force and they could easily have a few Ultramaine converts in there. Otherwise you could make up a fallen chapter. Perhaps maybe, The Unearthly Host, The followers/chosen of Urthon or Ubermarines!

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. If you say the space hulk is big enough then it is. It's your fluff!

2. No

3. I vote for Ubermarines also!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Remember the space hulk corridors were small but many vessels in the 40k universe are huge with cathederal type spaces. What about landing bays, cargo storage areas, hanger decks etc.

I think dreads will go well in major boarding actions and I'm sure their firepower and srength would make them invauable. It's a bit like tanks in urban combat. They can't get down all the alleyways but when you need stand up slugging power there is nothing else to compare with them.

Fundations of war, back2base-ix and barrule.com all make good deck plate type resin bases for armies like this.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

+ Reply to Thread