Paints a bit runnier - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paints a bit runnier

I bought some paints form GW yesterday for the first time in a few months now i know paints left over time thicken slightly but i can remember form a while while ago when i bought those ones a while that they were not as runny as the ones i have just used. I can remember being able to almost cover up a black undercout with greens and thier be very little black shoing through and with only one thin cout but today i have had to use three or four good couts to get the colour i wanted that i used to get form one cout.

have they got thinner because of the introduction of the foundation paints which I dont like or ever intend to use and only use after a servior sulk and always do my best to use the "normal paints" anyway i know that the price has gone down slightly.

Now I ask has the pigment been reduced in the paints?

Yes people i know that my spelling and punctuation is awful but I am product of British teaching pollicies so what can I do about it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

I think that the paints have become a bit thinner over the last few years but really this is a good thing; multiple layers of the same colour do give a better effect after all.
    Up, up and away!

is Alpharius FabricatorGeneralMike's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by khazad varn View Post
    I bought some paints form GW yesterday for the first time in a few months now i know paints left over time thicken slightly but i can remember form a while while ago when i bought those ones a while that they were not as runny as the ones i have just used. I can remember being able to almost cover up a black undercout with greens and thier be very little black shoing through and with only one thin cout but today i have had to use three or four good couts to get the colour i wanted that i used to get form one cout.

have they got thinner because of the introduction of the foundation paints which I dont like or ever intend to use and only use after a servior sulk and always do my best to use the "normal paints" anyway i know that the price has gone down slightly.

Now I ask has the pigment been reduced in the paints?
    In general it is better to use multiple coats of thinned paint rather then one or two thick coats. It give you better coverage and it doesn't obscure detail on the figure.

May I ask why you don't like the foundation paints. I have found if you use them for what they are intended then they are boss. I especially like the mechrite red and ilydian (spelling?) darksun. The red especially has made life alot easier. If you follow the same advice, thin them and don't lick the tips of your brushes after you clean them( they taste horrible) then you should have some very good results.
    FluffMaster on a mission to turn people to the Sisters of battle, yes folks it's all about SoB squads in Repressors with lots of flamer templates for the win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont like the finished colour that i get when i use them and find it hard to make the colours look correct in my oppinion.
    Yes people i know that my spelling and punctuation is awful but I am product of British teaching pollicies so what can I do about it?

+ Reply to Thread