Librarium Online Forums banner

Ice Dragon pics

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  gilli247 
#1 · (Edited)
O.K so these are no where near the usual standard but I love them and use them week in week out, There my Ice Dragons. I not really a good painter but just wanted to show you guys so I could see what you think. There better then most at my gaming club (grey, not painted yet) but pretty rubbish compared to the awsome models that ussualy come out on this. Fianlly apologied if this doesn't work and I'll fix it as soom as possible:

View attachment 421 THis should be a standard tactical Squad of marines

View attachment 422 This should be a squad of terminators

View attachment 423 I think this is a dreadanought

View attachment 424 This is a devastor squad

View attachment 466 this is my command squad

Hope you like them but don't be afraid to say there rubbish I won't be offended 'cause they probaly are comapered to most stuff you see, to have a look at the fluff click here:

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/40k-army-fluff/116217-ice-dragon-fluff.html

Hope you like it, Gilli

Sorry guys it hasn't worked at all I fix it tommorow as Its getting late in england (for me anyway) sorry about this, I bet you the suspense will be killing you by tommorow

Its now working I think, so see what you think, sorry about it not working, let me know if it still isn't, and give me some suggestions as to why

See less See more
#11 ·
One thing about inks, they tend to leave a "sheen" when they dry, which is ok if you intend on sealing them with a matte finish of some kind, otherwise you might not like the look.

If you aren't planning on using a matte finish, or just don't want to buy inks, consider using standard paints. Again, thin them down significantly, as much as you think you need, then... add some more thinner. Especially for washes, and make sure you BLOT your brush! You don't want rivers of thinned-down paint running all over your model! [YODA] Control! Control! You must learn CONTROL! [/YODA]

As for colors, a very thin black (or even brown) would work well on the metals, and for the blues, just use a darker version of your base color. If you don't have a darker blue on hand, you can mix it with black, but you'll probably need to go very light on the black (I'd say a 4:1 base color/black mix, myself), and take it slow. Do multiple layers of very thin color and watch it build up gently. It's easier than it sounds, once you get the hang of it, and it will add a nice "3-D" appearance.

Reactions: gilli247
#12 · (Edited)
Thanks for the great help so far I think I'll try the ink washes first before I start painting My wolves, and I'll post the results ASAP. This may sound really dumb, espically since I've being playing for 5-6 years but what do you mean by BLOT your brush?,

Gilli

P.s what do you think of my tanks?

View attachment 467 Hope it works?? The whirlwind turret is scrach built

#13 ·
I mean if you have paint that thin (more water than paint), you need to make sure you do NOT go straight from palette to model. Instead, dab the brush on a paper towel or something, to remove excess. Less is more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.