LO Miniature Exchange - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

LO Miniature Exchange

LO Miniature Exchange

Yes, once again it is time for one of Kuffy’s infamous “I saw this idea on another site and decided to steal it” threads. =D I hope people are up for this, as it should be a great idea if it works.

Along the lines of the LOC project this is a miniature give away, except there is no buying or charity involved. Instead it is a chance for you as a member to receive a miniature painted by another member upon the forum to keep as your very own.

Here are the rules:

HOW WILL IT WORK?

- Well once you’ve signed up (see “How do I sign up?”), a secret draw will be held and each participant will be sent a PM, with the name and address of the person they are to paint for (keep this a secret).

- Once you receive a name you pick, convert (if you wish) and paint your miniature (see “Can I send any type of figure?”).

- Before you post it, please try and take a photo. Whilst it’s great to give, it’s better to see what else has been sent, so by taking a photo, you let everyone else see, and enjoy, your creation.

- Post your figure. It is strongly recommended that you send minis by some form of trackable post. In the UK this is called 'Recorded' or 'Signed For Delivery'. Whilst this will cost a little more, it will ensure the figure does arrive (post is not infallible) and will give you peace of mind.

- When your recipient lets you now it’s arrived, please post a picture of your creation on LO (they’ll be a pinned thread for photos).

- Sit back and wait for your mini to arrive (if it hasn’t already done so) and be sure to let your painter know it’s arrived – positive feedback is always welcome too.

- If you want to, then inclusion of a short paragraph as to your choice of mini is welcomed.

WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?

Absolutely anyone on the site is welcome to join in. Whatever your level of modelling expertise, the exchange is an opportunity for you to paint a figure you might not normally do, and maybe stretch your painting talents a little. The fun really is in the giving (trust me).

HOW DO I SIGN UP?

Simply put your name in this thread and then PM King Ulrik Flamebeard your address for postage. This will then be passed on to your painter once the draw is made. If you have any special requirements (i.e can't post very far) let Kuffy know when you PM him so he can try and sort you out.

As this will be LO’s first miniature exchange, I am limiting the capacity to a maximum of 16 – 20. If we get twenty that be great, otherwise I will be forced to cap it at an even number (ie, 16, 18, or 20) to make sure everyone has a ‘partner’.

In addition, should you desire to have a specific member in mind that you JUST HAVE to paint a miniature for, then please include it into your entry PM, and I shall try to sort out members as best as I can. If multiple members request the same member, then it’ll be first come first served.

I’ll keep this post updated at the bottom with a list of participants.

CAN I SEND ANY TYPE OF FIGURE?

There are certain rules:

* All minis should be 25-30mm scale.

* Minis can be from any manufacturer.

Beyond that there are some guidelines:

* Try and put some thought into what you paint for your recipient. This is not an excuse to offload the guff from the bottom of your bits box. Likewise basing the minis in accordance with their role in the relevant rule book might well be a nice touch.

* Research on the forum is key. Have a look at your recipient’s army blog/painting and hobby posts/army lists/tactics articles and so on to try and get an idea of what they may like. Once the draw is made there will be a wishlist thread so you can also use this for ideas. There is no compulsion for you to give the recipient what they ask for, or go out and buy a new figure especially, but tailoring what you have to what they want is a nice touch.

* If you are stuck for ideas about the painter and want guidance then PM Kuffy or me, and we’ll give you some ideas or PM the painter to find out a little more about them, this ensures anonymity.

* If you’re particularly proud of your creation, you could always sign the base.

WHAT ARE THE DEADLINES?

The deadline for entering the exchange is 30th April 2008.

The deadline for posting your figure is 30th June 2008 which gives you about two months to produce a figure. Even I can manage that.

WHAT IF SOMETHING HAPPENS AND I CAN’T FINISH THE EXCHANGE?

Everybody knows that real life can take some pretty unexpected turns. If it suddenly turns out that you can’t complete on time (or at all), let Kuffy know, and he’ll see if he can sort out an alternative something for your recipient. Please don’t just let the deadline pass and remember - late is better than not at all.

Having said all this, please bear in mind that someone else will be putting time and effort into a mini and expecting something in return. Therefore the simple solution is don’t sign up if you think you’ll have trouble meeting the deadline. It's worth underlining that, if you sign up, you're going to have to take one of your miniatures, take time to paint/convert it and be prepared to send it just about anywhere.

ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW?

Please try to keep who you are painting for a secret. It’s much more fun that way!

Before you sign up please make sure you’re aware of the risks involved. Unlikely as it may be, you might receive nothing.

Be aware that there is a fair chance your mini will have to be sent overseas, make sure that you are comfortable with this before deciding to join. If this is going to be a problem, please indicate this in your sign up post (or PM to Kuffy) and we’ll try and work around this, although we cannot guarantee anything until we have a full list of participants

Any other problems, PM Kuffy

Participants:

1. Kuffy
    2. Jaffar_Hasad
    3. slorak
    4. Aubec
    5. Inquisitor Blackadder
    6. minus_t
    7. Killswitch
    8. Andusciassus
    9. Toastee
    10. aeroplane
    11. Cyric the Mad
    12. Thirdeye
    13. Lynx.Fatalis
    14. BobaHat
    15. Shonuff
    16. hazzbob
    17. aetherguy881
    18. FabricatorGeneralMike
    19. Canew
    20. Tsele

Kuffy

Last edited by King Ulrik Flamebeard; April 4th, 2008 at 18:33.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I'm in! =D

Kuffy

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

I'd like to participate. If I enter twice, does LOsanta give me twice as many gifts?
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

I will participate. However if there ends up being an uneven amount I will drop to make things even...

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in if you will have me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Aubec View Post
    I'm in if you will have me.
    Anyone is free to enter. All you need to do is PM me your mailing address and wait for the draw, once we get more members involved.

Kuffy

Borderlands addict Phoenix Lazarus's Avatar
    There's no place I can be, since I've found Serenity.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    148 (x3)

After a few hours of heavy thinking(interrupted by the conversion of space marines) I have decided that I would like to participate if at all possible
    Thanks! 8Y

:happy:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Blackadder View Post
    After a few hours of heavy thinking(interrupted by the conversion of space marines) I have decided that I would like to participate if at all possible
    Thanks! 8Y

:happy:
    OK. Will add you.

Remember people, when entering you need to reply to this thread AND PM me your mailing address.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

Hm.

As much as it deeply (deeply, deeply) pains me to join in with something he 'thought of' (stole), I suppose that, for the good of the forum, I shall enter.

C'mon people, if I can get off my skinny, lazy ass to paint something for someone else, surely some of you can too!

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by minus_t View Post
    Hm.

As much as it deeply (deeply, deeply) pains me to join in with something he 'thought of' (stole), I suppose that, for the good of the forum, I shall enter.

C'mon people, if I can get off my skinny, lazy ass to paint something for someone else, surely some of you can too!

-t.
    Yay! You are just jealous that I am doing it and not you, dude. =p Admit it. Lets see who you draw then. =D

Come on people! One miniature, two months to get it sent. You can do it, easily.

Kuffy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. July 17th, 2008, 08:26
  2. May 22nd, 2008, 00:21