Can't decide! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't decide!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Can't decide!

I can't decide a paint scheme for my IG AC, i was thinking about something like a codex gray and space wolves blue but i'm not sure, i already tries the normal Cadian colors and don't like, i also tried old army camo with all Catchacan Gree and Bestial Brown/Chaos Black sploches, the tanks don't look that good.

We who have seen war will never stop seeing it....In the silence of the night, we will always hear the screams....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tanith Ghosts View Post
    IG AC,
    I guess from your post 'AC' is tank-like. If you are having trouble thinking of a colour scheme for you tanks you should consider what you want out of them. It is often best to get them to fit in with the rest of your models. Try to consider changing only one colour from your standard colour scheme. This may make it more easy to intergrate them models with the rest of your force.

Here is an image search for damaged Imperial Guard tanks. battle damaged imperial Guard tanks - Google Image Search

One thing I notice in them is that they look burnt at a glance. Try to cover up any unhappyness with how your tanks look by damaging them. Scratches, burns and so on can really help to cover the large surface area of such things. Or use muck, smear them with muck boy.

Also 'IG' and 'AC' what do these mean. I assume that 'IG' is Imperial Guard but 'AC'? Air conditioning? Please try to avoid abbreviations and so on as it makes helping people much easier if we have a clue what people are talking about.;Y
    Last edited by Leech; April 3rd, 2008 at 00:13.

Borderlands addict Phoenix Lazarus's Avatar
    There's no place I can be, since I've found Serenity.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    148 (x3)

have you looked at this article from the Games Workshop site?
    GW Online : Warhammer 40,000 : Imperial Guard : Tank Camo Schemes

:happy:

Floating around space finding and converting small planets into biomatter for the fleet.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

AC = Armoured Company, I believe. Can't help with the painting though, I have never actually painted a tank .

Main Armies: The Septem Edo Hivefleets || Da Mekanikus of Mek Skagnatz || Clan Skrawlskir of the White Rat || The Eternal Legion of Chlorr

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Colour scheme Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Tanith Ghosts View Post
    I can't decide a paint scheme for my IG AC, i was thinking about something like a codex gray and space wolves blue but i'm not sure, i already tries the normal Cadian colors and don't like, i also tried old army camo with all Catchacan Gree and Bestial Brown/Chaos Black sploches, the tanks don't look that good.
    Correct Season Reaper.
    My first piece vice: i have a painted 2500 point Tank heavy imperial guard army, and decided to go for dark and light grey for my colour scheme. My best advice: DON'T. They may be wonderfully painted highlighted/inkwashed/drybrushed with even different shades of colour hinted in the pupil colours, however from a distance they just look unpainted, and next to everyone else's (Like my first tournament 2 months ago) they look positively dull.
    If i could take back time i'd do red/yellow (Macharite red and that tau sandstone colour - the foundation mind, not the standard colours)
    I do reccomend picking your base colours that are easy to work with - it'll save alot of time and frustration e.g. commando kahi MUST go over white, and in multiple layers, like quite alot of the lighter colours (especially red's and yellows) - this is not just a problem for the first coat, but any "touch ups" from a knock or errant brush stroke.
    - Get a couple of foundation paints for your base scheme.
    Also, for making your camo scheme better on the tanks with "Blotches" a good trick is to gt a decent artist's pen (about £6) - to be used for models only - and go around the splotches (so there's a consistent black outline)
    I liked it so much i got a super fine (0.6 mm) and did all the squad shoulder pad numbers - very quick. (although varnish over to stop wet fingers smearing)

I digress however. What do you want to base them as? (they'll all look better based - trust me) if you're not too experienced and are going for the brown/green standard arable do some variations - your first platoon is catchan green and scorched brown (highlighted goblin green and gr/earth) but the next platoon has camo green highlighted with rotting flesh etc.
    Hope that helps.
    P.s. don't forget to put a drop of clean water in your paints to stop them drying out every now and then!
    I'll be putting a basic how to paint step by step soon. (Including modelling tips - glue arms on after painting - until then blue tac them etc etc)
    Good Luck!

+ Reply to Thread