Wood Elf Night Watch - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

Wood Elf Night Watch

I have finally decided on a colour scheme for my wood elf army and would really appreciate some advice and tips on painting.
    I want to make my wood elf army sort of a night watch feel, with blacks and darker colours for night camouflage. Could anyone offer me any advice as to how to highlight on black without it looking silly and also if there is a way to make the metal look as though it has been blackened by soot to avoid the shine of it?
    Thanks very much

2. Remove Advertisements

Eskisltuna, Sweden
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

525 (x8)

Welcome to LO.

The (single) WE Glade Guard I have painted is also themed to have night camo, and something I learnt when doing night camo is that black is not a preferable colour! Anyone who have been in the military will tell you that black stands out as a soar thumb during nights. Instead, go with dark blues, greens, grays and browns.

I painted mine by using two primary shades of blue, dark blue and dark-yet-slightly-brighter blue for the cloaks and most of the cloth, and used a dark green to apply contrast on smaller details.

Metal work well as long as it is not too bright.

+ Reply to Thread