Making Custom Shields - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making Custom Shields

So ive had this idea for my IG for a while, but after some trial and error I still have not come up with an effective way to make shields.

The idea was to give my IG infantry a shield to carry into battle, almost like a ballistics shield a SWAT unit will use while breaching a target location. I don't want to use some of the existing shields out there, because they are too bulky and dont look like what I want.

To give you guys a better picture, id like my shield to look almost this a Gundam shield, like this: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...ku/l_mk2_6.jpg

If anyone has any suggestions on how to make this, and how to make it so small, please let me know. I have tried greenstuff sofar, as well as an attempt at using carved plasticard, but sofar no luck. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

That shield?

My first guess would be plasticard. Apart from that I think in the Fantasy range (Found it here!) with some cutting...
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Yeah I agree with Tsele. Either Plasticcard if not Greenstuff or source from another model. How about Riot shields from Necromunda Arbities.
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you could use the Black Orc shields? Although they may be a bit small...

+ Reply to Thread