Blackadder's Titan Hunter - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    424 (x7)

Blackadder's Titan Hunter

A few years back I saw this tank on Ebay. A beautiful rendered model by Marcio Silva in some ways superior than dare I say Forgeworlds outstandingly designed super tanks.

Anyhow I resolved to make one of my own and the following posts will chronicle the step by step result.

The Blackadder

Attached Images
    Last edited by The_Blackadder; April 7th, 2008 at 19:15.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

I've actually been thinking about making one of those myself lately, except that it would be usable as a Shadowsword.

Anyways, good luck. I'd like to see how it turns out
    There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
    - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

What is that? Truly a Titan Hunter with such a big barrel...

I will be sure to follow your cronicles of making such a feat come true...
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    424 (x7)

Mr Silva used foam filled poster stock which I deemed too flimsy for my model as my son, an avid gamer tended to get a little rough with the equipment. Looking around for a suitable material for the basic hull brought me to the black plastic printer ribbon cases that my company discards by the hundreds each year. The plastic is thick and durable and compatible with most plastic glue mediums.

Thus I embarked on this venture and the first evening yielded this result.

The Blackadder
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

424 (x7)

My big failing is in documentation of my work. I start out with the best of intentions to give a full account of my proceedings. I drew up plans on my ulead photo workshop and everything but damned if I can find them.

The recalcitrant Blackadder
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

424 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by qsd View Post
    I've actually been thinking about making one of those myself lately, except that it would be usable as a Shadowsword.

Anyways, good luck. I'd like to see how it turns out
    Rest assured the model is ostensibly complete but like everything I do I always try to improve on the finished work so I'm continually adding detail and refining the look.

The Blackadder
    Last edited by The_Blackadder; April 7th, 2008 at 20:23.

Borderlands addict Phoenix Lazarus's Avatar
    There's no place I can be, since I've found Serenity.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    148 (x3)

Not only do you have the second best name on the forums, you have superb scratch-building qualities! 8Y I will be following this with great interest! *reps*

:happy:

Borderlands addict Phoenix Lazarus's Avatar
    There's no place I can be, since I've found Serenity.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    148 (x3)

Whoops! Ignore this one, sorry!

:happy:
    Last edited by Phoenix Lazarus; April 7th, 2008 at 20:28. Reason: double posted (doh!)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

424 (x7)

In my typical unstructured way I neglected to document the building of the superstructure and engine compartment but suffice it to say that it was made entirely of plastic from a printer cartridge. I ran into the same problems that Mr Silva did as the angles and contours did not conform to faceted panels. Where he had gaps in the joints in his construction I use Met-all epoxy resin to give a finished look.

The Blackadder
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

424 (x7)

Wow a reply from the inquisitor himself, I'm truly honored.

As I wanted this to look as close to the original as possible at this time I cheated and used Landraider parts for my sponsons. My son built the Landraider sans sponsons and sold it so the parts were free and you can't beat that.

A little problem crept up in that the Met-all Epoxy does not take readily to plastic adhesive. the white sheet styrene armor plates kept falling off. I solved this by using pins to simulate rivets to anchor the plates.

Sorry for so many similar shots, Judging by the gaps in the image count there should be more construction detailing. I'll try to do a better job documenting my next construction project.

The penitent Blackadder
    Attached Images
    Last edited by The_Blackadder; April 7th, 2008 at 21:54.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast