Alienids Chaos Space Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alienids Chaos Space Marines

I enjoy painting chaos marines, especially the vehicles. I have just over 2000pts of chaos altogether, and most of it is painted.

Here are some pics of some of the best painted models in my army. Note that they are not completely finished, as I still need to paint the tiny details (skulls, spikes, etc) on most of these models. I think that the only completely finished model is the lord.

That is my landraider. The dead black templar was put there to annoy my black templar-collecting friend, who could never beat me.

Another shot of the landraider. It was going to be the only landraider in my army, so I wanted it to look unique and I covered the front in spikes.
    I originally got this landraider from a friend who collected black templars (not the same one i mentioned before) and all of the panels and stuff had black templar insignia on it. So I graciously carved them off with a swiss army knife. ;Y

This predator can change its turret weapon as I didnt glue the 2 halves of the terret together, so I can also give it a tl lascannon. ;Y

Another shot of the pred.

My dreadnought. I got the body from the same guy who gave me the landraider. It came with no right arm/weapon, so I had to use the lascannons from the razorback he also gave me to make a decent looking lascannon arm. The sarcophagus was covered in black templar insignia, so I had to rip that off and replace it with that weird face thing from the chaos vehicle sprue.

Here are the Termies. I like to deploy these guys out of the landraider. Note that the mark of Tzeentch isnt painted yet, but it will be yellow just like the one on the Lord.

I give every unit that can take a mark of chaos the mark of tzeentch. The invulnerable save granted by it has saved a lot of my men from obliteration on many occasions, plus it has annoyed my opponents a LOT.

This is the leader of my army. His daemon weapon (his left hand) was made from the termie lord force weapon, and is adorned with the mark of Tzeentch and those "tzeentchy" horns. It has enabled me to take out whole devastator and dark reaper squads before. I couldnt get a pic of his cloak because the camera ran out of power. I will make sure I get it up asap. ;Y

I do have another CSM squad, but they are not painted yet. Hopefully I will be able to get some spray for them soon.

I havent thought of a name for my army yet.

Note: they are NOT night lords. I lost count of all the people who have said "do you collect night lords?" and I dont see how they look so much like night lords.

Enjoy.

Last edited by Alienid; April 8th, 2008 at 16:20.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

I'ld assume that the night lord confusion was down to the dark blue paint scheme.

I have to comment no the blood (land raider) it looks like you've just painted red over bits; not like blood. Bear in mind that blood is liquid and so will run and that the chainswords teeth should be spinning and so there should be blood all around. It also looks rather too matt and the shade seems a bit off.
    Up, up and away!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Walex View Post
    I'ld assume that the night lord confusion was down to the dark blue paint scheme.
    Good point

I have to comment no the blood (land raider) it looks like you've just painted red over bits; not like blood. Bear in mind that blood is liquid and so will run and that the chainswords teeth should be spinning and so there should be blood all around. It also looks rather too matt and the shade seems a bit off.
    I wasnt sure that the blood on the chainswords looked right, so thanks for pointing that out.

The main colour is supposed to be slightly dull to make more of a contrast between that and the metallic paints.
    As for the shade, could you elaborate on that please? I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

It just looks to be a different colour to blood, I'ld go with red gore myself for that sort of thing. If you drybrush it on to the surface of the chainswords from one side it'll look more natural too.
    Up, up and away!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It just looks to be a different colour to blood, I'ld go with red gore myself for that sort of thing. If you drybrush it on to the surface of the chainswords from one side it'll look more natural too.
    Thanks for the tip. :ballon:
    I still have a squad of 10 chaos marines, 5 havocs and a rhino to paint, so I will try to get them done soon so I can post them up.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

I've never been a fan of the landraider model so I won't comment on that specifically, the predator looks good but I think I like the termies and csm and lord the most, the new termie lord box is so much better.

The scheme looks nice, just make sure you keep updating for us!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Alienid, this is an excellent start. Good color scheme and balance. For the finishing touch, might I recommend giving your entire army a nice wash. My first and obvious thought concerns the purple parts of your models. For these, I'd suggest suing the G.W. purple wash, as it will simply darken your existing purple. The purple will need to be diluted. I err on the side of caution, and so my washes are always extra watery, which requires multiple coats to do the job. Something like 1/3 (wash/water).

For white, you should consider a gray wash, which will also add depth without taking away any of your detail (if anything, it will add detail). In order to make a gray wash, take your current gray paint and dilute to the following ratio 1/10 (paint/water). It's quite a lot of water, I know, but then again, we're talking about sheer paint, which needs a good bit of water in order to make a running wash.

Also, don't be afraid to wipe off a wash once you've applied it. This will maintain some of the detail, especially in the crevices, while removing it from the rest of the model. It's a great way to start using washes, if you're not familiar with them.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never actually used washes, other than black ink for a more glossy look on some LotR models.

Thanks for the tips on washes.
    WH40K:
    1500pts Tyranids
    2000pts Chaos Space Marines
    Soon to be getting Necrons

+ Reply to Thread