Female Broodlord - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Female Broodlord

I was thinking of modeling a broodlord after Sarah Kerrigan from Starcraft. Has anyone seen this done before? The only thing i can think of is finding a nice Reaper mini or other type mini and using gs to secure lictor bits to her back. I think that the balance of the figure would be completely compromised then. Please let me know any suggestions or ideas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good idea. The only problem I can see with it is that Tyranids don't have Sexes/Genders as for as I know. Also, wouldn't that be quite hard to model? I have an idea that you could use.

Dark Elf body from Fantasy with enough Tyranid claws (probably from a Lictor like you said) to make the wings/back claws.

EDIT: What were you going to use it as? Some sort of Genestealer/ Human Female hybrid that rose to the top to become a broodlady?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Necron_guy View Post
    Dark Elf body from Fantasy with enough Tyranid claws (probably from a Lictor like you said) to make the wings/back claws.

EDIT: What were you going to use it as? Some sort of Genestealer/ Human Female hybrid that rose to the top to become a broodlady?
    I think this is an awesome idea. Yeah, it could just count as a broodlord who happens to have mutated out of a female host...

I would cruise around the GW website and see if you find any female models you like, and then plan what tyranid bits to use. I would definitely suggest plastics, because I am so sick of converting metal models after my Tallarn army... ugh...

Anyways, good luck! And remember to post some pics too!
    Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x4)

Perhaps you could start with an Eldar Guardian or Dark Eldar Warrior? Then you can add Scything Talon limbs from Gaunt models to the back. Making a pair of claws like Sarah's shouldn't be difficult, if you pin the talons together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you so much for the ideas. I was thinking more along the lines like from Starcraft. An extremely powerful psyker spends a little too much time on a stong tyranid planet and ends up being able to hear the hivemind. After being incostant contact and not knowing what is her thoughts and the hivemind, she eventually becomes tyranid herself. It's sketchy fluff, but i loved the idea. As I start working on this i will add pics 8Y

Watcher In The Sky Beardy_Wierdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x4)

The only problem I can see with it is that Tyranids don't have Sexes/Genders as for as I know.
    Ah, but Genestealers (and presumeably Broodlords and anything else of the corporaptor genus) need a host organism. So this particular host organism happened to have ladyparts.

Problem solved.

Keep with the psyker idea though, Broodlords are synapse creatures and presumeably its easier to mutate a psyker's brain to broadcast psychic signals.
    The name refers to facial hair, not playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by A news vendor's stand, London, June 1940
    French sign peace treaty: we're in the finals!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Good idea. The only problem I can see with it is that Tyranids don't have Sexes/Genders as for as I know. ?
    It isn't obvious but Tyranids do have sexes. They have Queens, Dominatrix and Norn Queen. Genestealers and the Broodlord are male, they implant their seed into others who then give birth to Genestealer Hybrids when they reproduce. Hormagaunts are also female, they lay eggs. And the Biovore is female. It grows spore mines in it's body and then gives birth to them by launching them. The kids then hurtle through the air after being flung by mommy and explode.

I do agree with Necron_guy about using Elf models. You should search the whole Eldar/Dark Eldar/High Elf/Dark Elf and Wood Elf ranges. You could also take a look at the Necron Flayed ones. They have big slender claws on their fingers. Those claws could work well on your Broodlady/Booblord.:ninja:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ordered some DE pieces today and was thinking of actually cutting off the talon of the hormogaunt's scything talons and using flesh hooks for the wing thing although i will definately check into the flayed ones hands.

Good idea Leech ! ! !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x4)

Perhaps this might be of some use for you:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like the body frame is the same as i was going to use. Hopefully the tyranid pieces on the back will make it look more like a full figure instead of the difference between her and he claws. Nice find though, it gives me a good frame work for what my figure's body will look like.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast