Project Titan - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Project Titan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Project Titan

Ive been blogging this on another forum, now the frame is finished so I thought id post the results here. All is needed now are the details and armour sections. Hope you like

After making my transforming rhino, i decided I quite like making my own stuff. So I started rummaging through my bitz box for inspiration of something else to build, and found a large section of my destroyed autobot that would be perfect for the head of a warhound titan. So i chopped a retinue model in half to serve as a driver, and found he fits quite nicely.

Small update. Ive 'installed' the rest of the crew to the cockpit. Added some LED's so the whole thing will glow once the roof is in place and cut the plastic shield to fit. Im working on the armour to complete the head now as well as the extra armour for the clear plastic.

More piccy's, the hound gets some teeth

The build is completed, next stage, adding details. Ive got all sorts of idea's running through my head of what to add. Pistons and vents are a given, but i really want to goto town on the decorations. So greenstuffed armour plates and icons are in the pipeline

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you do it...
    ....amazing....

*takes a good deep breath*

Fantastic job, the bottom of the head seems a bit sloppy though

*reps*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im probably going to sound stupid here but...........what material did you use to make the body/legs ect?
    And your titan is awesome, if only I could scratch build models that well................*Walks away dreaming*
    see my lighting a monolith project..
    http://www.freewebs.com/necronmonolith/index.htm

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    424 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by macewind View Post
    Ive been blogging this on another forum, now the frame is finished so I thought id post the results here. All is needed now are the details and armour sections. Hope you like

I like and you've given me food for thought as I was not going to have a visible or removeable cockpit in my Titan but the excellent lighting job you have done may change that. Your images have also given me some much needed reference dimensions.

My own slowly evolving effort may be seen here:

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...und-titan.html

Thank you,

The Blackadder

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow,
    i love the LED's, is this the start of 'pimp my titan'?
    War is coming, arm your pets!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x2)

The understructure looks pretty solid.
    I can't wait to see it with more details!
    Apathy is the new Black...
    Thank God I love wearing Black...
    -------------
    www.myspace.com/deathwillunderstand
    www.LuckyNumber5.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

425 (x7)

Thanks guys.

Cheesecake: The main body is built using 0.7mm plasticard and the round joints are 21.5mm overflow pipe. The kind found in most plumbing and diy stores.

Lord Adrianus: The bottom of the head isnt finished. Ill be adding jagged whiskers and other details to the plasticard (over the area's marked in pen) and then ill trim off the gaps. This is just to add some raised area's to what would be an otherwise flat head.

The LED's were originally for my land raider, but i decided against using them on it. Im also planning on adding a small smoke generator inside the main hull, and having the smoke vent out of the exhausts and gun barrels.

+ Reply to Thread