Flying Nurgle Deamon Prince - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flying Nurgle Deamon Prince

Ok, Lately i've been working on my new pet project, my nurgle army. Using forge world conversion kits, green stuffing obliterators and raptors, you know, the whole nine yards. Though i've hit a bump in the road that I need help with. I have a nurlge lord all done up and he looks awsome. I took the new terminator lord and typhus' weapon and did it up really nice, but i need ideas for my deamon prince. I want to use the nurgle deamon prince model. Thing is, he dosen't look like he belongs in the air, let alone with wings. Currently my idea is to take the fantasy "First dragon of chaos" wings and sculpt them to his back. The wings are about the right size and look dead and rotting. My friends around here though don't think that it would look right. What would you think? And if you have any other ideas of modeling "flying" onto the nurgle deamon prince model, i'd love to hear it, thanks!

Biel Tan Eldar 3-0-8
    Vanilla Marines 17-1-2
    Alaitoc Eldar 15-2-4
    Goff Orks 21-1-2
    Nurgle Chaos work in progress

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, you could take some clear plastic and make fly wings on his back, or if you want to keep the dragon-like wings, maybe use the lotr balrog wings or the WFB high elf dragon wings and tatter them a little, add in some rot... OR you can get the wings from a Tomb Kings Carrion bird, they're rotten (though feathered) and decaying, perfect for nurgle!

I'm not entirely sure about the galrauch wings on him... i'd think they'd make him kinda backheavy but it could work...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x2)

In the new bits section on GW's site, you can buy just the wings from the LOTR Plastic Balrog kit. They are nice and mean looking, perfect for a Deamon prince.
    Apathy is the new Black...
    Thank God I love wearing Black...
    -------------
    www.myspace.com/deathwillunderstand
    www.LuckyNumber5.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

I agree with your friends that the GALRAUCH wings might not look quite right, mainly because the Nurgle Daemon Prince's pose (while great) is very static and 'grounded.' I would think folded or partially folded wings would work better for the model, maybe something like the zombie dragon wings in a 'down' position (much like they are in the linked picture).

Personally, I would probably go with scratch building a pair of decaying bio-mechanical conmstruct wings, sort of like these wings in appearance, but bigger and with some mechanical parts thrown in. It's a little more work then just attaching a ready-made pair, but I think it could end up looking fantastic and very nurgle. Remember, the wings don't need to necessarily look like they would 'work' in the real world, these are daemons after all!

Cheers
    Last edited by destp; April 14th, 2008 at 21:24. Reason: fixed typo
    -destp
    Thousand Sons ~2750 points | Eldar ~1000 points
    Tzeentch Daemons ~2000 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x2)

Here's a great tutorial on how to sculpt wings:
    Necrotales -- Painted Miniatures, Galleries & Tutorials
    Apathy is the new Black...
    Thank God I love wearing Black...
    -------------
    www.myspace.com/deathwillunderstand
    www.LuckyNumber5.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Galrauch wings would actually look awesome in my opinion. it would ad height to the model, and if positioned right it cool look like he's flexing his wings, or if you position them leaning over his head, it could look like he just landed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I went with carrion wings and some greenstuff. I simply separated the wings, and put them where the "tubes" were supposed to go, and GSed any gaps.
    Here's some pics of how it turned out (quite crappy pics, but as long as you get the idea);

//Stitch
    - Conan, what is best in life?
    - To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!

+ Reply to Thread