New Tau Table - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Tau Table

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Tau Table

As stated in the topic, Im starting a new Tau table. As this is my venture back into modeling after about a 10 year lapse or so I hope to make it a very amazing piece. Though I run into one problem, I need some help finding good references to Tau buildings. Either in the form of drawings, or models.

I already have the basic idea of what the table will look like. Which will be some extinct ancient races ruins over grown by vegetation. With a Tau outpost incorporated into it, the overall feel of the table is going to be one of serenity and tranquility. As Id like to believe that when Tau erect buildings they like to make it flow with there surroundings. Sort of a symbiotic relation of Tau construction and environment.

So any help on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks allot

Alex

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hers some scenery: Warhammer 40,000 - Tau

And a table that is something like what your after I do believe! GW Online : Warhammer 40,000 : Tau : Making Tau Terrain

Looking forward to seeing it and good luck;Y
    ----------------------------------------------
    IRON CHEF SCENEY II

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I saw these when I was looking for buildings. Though Im looking for more detailed buildings or art. Thanks allot for the help. Ill be starting this soon I hope, and when I do Ill post some stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

while I don't have any pictures per say, every time I remember tau architecture being described, the buildings are almost always white. Usually very clean, rounded, very high tech. actualy, Look at cloud city from star wars. go rent the empire strikes back dvd and pause/screencap pics of cloud city's buildings. they seem somewhat tau IMO. hoped that helped some! 8Y

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that I think about it you right, for some reason that completely slipped my mind. I shall take a look. Thanks for the help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While your at it you might wanna check out picks of mos eisly (sp?) ie the city on tatooine (again sp?). Thet always remind me of tau.
    ----------------------------------------------
    IRON CHEF SCENEY II

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good idea, for some reason I forgot that the architecture in SW is very clean and fluid. Just as is Tau architecture. I have decided to make the table more Kroot oriented with a little touch of Tau presence. Im thinking of making all the Tau buildings removable with separate bases, that way if say you dont want Tau (or the idea of a Kroot village) then you can do that. Whats also good about this idea is that the buildings on the board can be moved around allowing for a new experience. Im also going to make the table pseudo modular in that you can rearrange it to some degree, though this may be a tad hard considering the flow of it.

Im working on concept sketches right now, once these are done Ill scan them and shove em up here. For some good old C and C.

+ Reply to Thread