Please look at some Tau I painted - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

Please look at some Tau I painted

Ok first off im just an average painter,never been to any tournies or anything like that ,so don't be too harsh .

Ok i am an avid Tau player and i have about 4-5k points of tau (never counted).Anyway i use a different scheme of paint for each 1.5k point i have,to give each army a different feel (they all have different lists too),i have about 1.5k point of tau unpainted so i decided to start my 3rd part of the army.

So i painted a devilfish with a FW squad with a new paint scheme i made up, can you tell me how you think it looks before i start painting the rest of the army,you can also comment on my painting skills and how i could improve,thanks

945f_3.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ok so here we have the unit next to the devilfish.

9774_3.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A close look of the front of the devilfish (well this one is a warfish is we use Tau lingo :C )

9683_3.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Close look at the side of the same devilfish

989b_3.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The back of the devilfish,with a little opening so the blue little dudes can disembark and unleash some rapid firing goodness 8X

951b_3.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 of the little blue xenos

95d1_3.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

another 3 Tau FW

Well tell me what you think of it ,took me a few days to paint them,i really tried to make them look good,but again im not very good painter so i wouldn't be surprised if they aren't that great

Don't wanna beg but well,im not gonna complain if you rep me

Last edited by Svalene; April 24th, 2008 at 19:30.
    -A tau, dark eldar and slaanesh csm player
    -vassal player
    -And always on LO chat..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They look great! nice devilfish ;D
    Roleplaying? Miniatures??? Visit: Calabozo Criollo Foros

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Not bad at all. The camo looks simple enough that you won't go cross-eyed painting all the guys like that (some of those IG players are nuts!;?). As I'm learning firsthand, white/light colors are a royal pain to get right, and you seem to have a nice smooth coating.

If I really had to stretch to find a criticism (and it is a stretch!) I'd say I can't tell whether the black on the fish is supposed to be discharge from the vents or scoring from weapon impacts. It looks like it's intended to be both, in places, and it's a wee bit confusing.

But that's a MINOR gripe. I like how you're using the black marks to break up the monotony of the white. Have you considered trying to "dirty up" some of the camo? It looks comparitively spotless. Again, this is a SMALL gripe. Overall, very nicely done! Neat and tidy. Good stuff! +rep
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

You can post the pic directly to the thread by clicking the IMG box. It will automatically copy the link and HTML tags to post the pic, so all you have to do is paste it in your post. Just some friendly help.

Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

ok thanks , i had discovered how to do it but by the time i had edited my post luisjoey had posted it
    -A tau, dark eldar and slaanesh csm player
    -vassal player
    -And always on LO chat..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

479 (x8)

Well, back on topic. Not a huge fan of the camo, but it's pretty well done. The white also looks nice, but could stand to use a hair of cleaning up around edges and crevices. Also, have these models been gloss coated? I only asks becaus the pics make them look kinda glossy, though it may just be the camera.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

love the camo, love the white, but the varnish is way too shiny, especially around the heat scarred vents and stuff, in real life tanks'd be matt varnished or not varnished at all so they don't attract more attention by glinting and shimmering. and the shiny burns look very unrealistic, that fish has seen lots of fighting, put battle scars on it's front and lower sides so it looks like it HAS seen some action. Though apart from those two things, great!

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." Albert Einstein

Second Company Apothecary SentryKiller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I like the consistency of the blue camo. The bases for the Tau are well done also, though I would suggest matching the medium blue of the "ice" to the base, it doesn't seem as consistent to me as it stands now (looks like you have an ice flow sitting on a disk).

The Devilfish is excellent also, but as was suggested, a little less gloss would help. I would keep the gloss on the drone and tank sensors, windows, and possibly the large intakes on the engines (I did the same with my engine intakes, just to add a bit of style).

The only part that didn't make sense was the extra black where there were no vents. I think lightening the black would help also, seems a little heavy now.

Overall, excellent work, esp since you call yourself "not a good painter." I think you did very well. Rep for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montford981
    How can an entire army of intolerant, homicidal female pyromaniacs not be fun?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I think you are a good painter. The results you have on these models are very good. I like how you have painted them with a camo pattern like that but also added dirty marks. I'm not sure what makes a Tau Devil(war)fish dirty but it does make an impression. Overall I think they are good and if I were to play a Tau army that well apinted I would have no complaints.

I suggest you continue your painting and work to refine your methods so you can get better results.

+ Reply to Thread