Tau ethereal - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tau ethereal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

Tau ethereal

Ok this picture is a figurine i did minor conversion+painter pretty well (i think) a few months back.It's Aun'shi,a tau special character,i did a minor conversion (he is holding two swords) and i use him as my tau ethereal,not as aun'shi as aun'shi is pretty bad (lol) and can't be used with the newest tau codex.But since i never use ethereals,since they are pretty bad,he's been just sitting on the shelf gathering dust for about 6 month.So i thought i'd show him to you people so you can tell me how i painted it,i think it's pretty good (of course nothing compared to painters who actually know what they're doing..).

Well here it is

-A tau, dark eldar and slaanesh csm player
    -vassal player
    -And always on LO chat..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

The pictures are pretty small, so its hard to pick out fine detail, but he looks awesome! Really well painted!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn it, you just never fail to impress me, i need a drink, my painting skills just seem so mediocrely pointless now... oh god, i'm coming dowwwwwwwwwwwnnnnn!!!
    i'd give you rep for making me clinically depressed but i have to spread some first.

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x2)

actually it's not that good..many many people on these forums are WAYYY better painters than me,and i made quite a few blotches and errors on this model
    -vassal player
    -And always on LO chat..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

Still, in comparison to anything I could paint, this is amazing. I used to play Tau, and mine were litteraly blobs of paint! Keep up the good work!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Hi Svalene, it is a reasonable piece fo work, certainly as good a table top standard as most painters.

would need larger piccis to give more info, probably look at more highlighting

but good work

Chered
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x2)

That is a good looking model. Did you paint the writing on his cloak and loin cloth? The writing kills me most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
    damn it, you just never fail to impress me, i need a drink, my painting skills just seem so mediocrely pointless now... oh god, i'm coming dowwwwwwwwwwwnnnnn!!!
    i'd give you rep for making me clinically depressed but i have to spread some first.
    As much as I love to drink and play, from one drinker to another, don't drink and paint. I have found that the libation and the paints don't mix so well. Maybe a drink, towards the end of your painting session.

I have gotten pretty good at dry-brushing. It's the mediocre painter's best way to paint really nice looking models that really, bottom line, look great. Especially from 2 feet away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i figure that, for us mediocre alcoholic painters, if you want to avoid faltering, measure the distance from your painting seat to the back of your painting area where you put completed models and paint so all your models look best at that distance, and therefore continue to inspire you, but i digress, Svalene, nice job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
    i figure that, for us mediocre alcoholic painters, if you want to avoid faltering, measure the distance from your painting seat to the back of your painting area where you put completed models and paint so all your models look best at that distance, and therefore continue to inspire you, but i digress, Svalene, nice job.
    14 years old,and already alcoholic ,well this shocks my most sensible soul which has never drank/smoked 0:

And yea i wrote the writing on the back, it doesn't acxtually mean anything, i just copied random tau letters from the codex.I did it while holding my breath and being very very patient and careful.As you can see the letters still are slightly crooked,but from far it looks nice

About dry brushing,i mostly use it for my kroots due to their body shape (all crooked and lean with lots of muscle and spikes) and it works wonders,for the rest of my army i prefer a clean,white feel
    Last edited by Svalene; April 25th, 2008 at 16:09.
    -vassal player
    -And always on LO chat..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this shocks my most sensible soul which has never drank/smoked
    My you are quite a find aren't you? A european 14 year old, FROM FRANCE no less, who has never been drunk, amazing!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast