WIP Mephiston: trying a little harder... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    209 (x3)

WIP Mephiston: trying a little harder...

I've started on my mephiston model!:

I typically don't use white primer as I prefer the naturally created shadows that black primer provides. However, with such a neat model, I had to try my hand at a slightly higher quality of painting.

I'm trying to focus more on color theory, lighting and the smaller details. For example, the face was done with several washes of purple and blue to bring out the yellow-y skintone.

The inside of the cloak which Ive begun painting is a dark green which I feel will bring out the reds and pinks and yellows of the skintone and armor. the blonde hair was also washed with dark green for contrast.

I've also determined my lightsource to be the upper right hand side of the frame and will shade and highlight accordingly instead of just doing random extreme highlights on the armor like i usually do.

So far I've spent about 4 hours on the mini.

I'm having trouble deciding which color to paint the tubes leading out from his psychic hood. I'm thinking green but I don't want it to overpower the bright reds i'm planning for the armor.

any thoughts?

here's a closeup of his face

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Woof! Woof! Bark! Bark!!! aeroplane's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    569 (x7)

A fantastic start!
    Looking forward to more pics.

My insanely large Chaos Marine Army - look

Thier commander's motto-listen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

It's looking good so far but as a word of warning; make sure you don't let his right side be too dark compared to the left, subtlety is key in this one. Personally I like the tubes as metal cabling, it's easy to work in a scheme too.
    Up, up and away!

+ Reply to Thread