Necron Red-Gauss Sticks. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necron Red-Gauss Sticks.

Just a quick question; the green glow sticks given to put in the top of Necron Gauss Blasters.. i've seen before that they can come in red. I don't mean painted-on red, i mean red glow sticks instead of green. It would really fit the theme of my army if they were red. Does anyone know where i can order them? Can't seem to get a proper search on the GW Shop.

Relictors -
    16/1/3

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

They wont be available from GW, but look around other stockists, they will be somewhere. Sorry, im not sure where.

By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x3)

You could try the Red Lightsabres from the LEGO Star War Range
    Codex: Legion Astartes - I am in need of Beta/proof readers and play testers
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

The same place I get my green rods for making kustom mega blasta's make a range of different colored rods. its all "sheet styrene" from "evergreen" i believe is the company name, just go on the net and find the numbers of some local hobby stores and ask if they have this stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

It's Evergreen Scale Models, duane.

Great company with great product, but I'm not so sure about translucent rods - I've never seen those by Evergreen before - where'd you find them?
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x8)

In a shop in melbourne, they had green, yellow and red I'm pretty sure, I know for certain there was more than just green.

Or maybe it was a different company? But it was with all the evergreen stuff, what about the name of the company that makes girders and bridge railing type things? Maybe they made it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x2)

many types of rods out there, clear, duocolored, fluorescent etc.

if you can get a deal with sample rods from an extrusion company, you can get any internal shapes as well (think of the possibilities) 8X

what are the dimensions for those rods anyway?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

look for a translucent red spraypaint, like you use for the tail lights on model cars. I used that on all my light covers in my car, of all things, makes them into a see through red color.

I dunno what it will do if you spray it on green, but it should turn them red and still be semi transparent

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by SAiNT-138 View Post
    look for a translucent red spraypaint, like you use for the tail lights on model cars. I used that on all my light covers in my car, of all things, makes them into a see through red color.

I dunno what it will do if you spray it on green, but it should turn them red and still be semi transparent
    Hmm, no oo green i think it will just go a weird dark mucky colour. Being transparent, you need to think about the whole thing, rather than just the top colour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

Google "acrylic rods" the size is around 2mm for the size you will want. They come in clear, solid fluorescent of almost every color. I have seen them listed specifically for necrons on ebay.
    My upcoming blog in the works:
    http://plasticrackminis.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast