Other Paints - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other Paints

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

Are there any other paints other than Citadel that I can use on my minis?

If so Where can I get them, and at what cost?

Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

I don't know the answer but i was just sort of wondering could you use artists paints (the ones that come in tubes and such and are used to paint landscapes etc,etc). I guess you cant use watercolours but has anyone used "proper" paints and what sort of results did you get?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

242 (x6)

HERETIC! HERETIC!

Naaa... As far as paint is concerned I think that Citadel is the best. Glue, spray paint and flock, on the other hand should be bought elsewhere...
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I agree that Citadel has the best paints, hands down. as for their scenery stuff, i can get the same quality for cheaper..
    If Knowledge is Power, then Genius is Tyranny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use Vallejo, Partha Paint (discontinued), and Reaper Pro Paints in addition to GW. I also started using Createx craft paint airbrush line with good results. I still have some older Armory and Dragon Scale paints fram years ago. I use these for miniature painting. Each line has its own strengths and drawbacks.

I also use the cheap craft paints, such as Apple Barrel and Plaid, but I reserve them for buildings and terrain. For big terrain projects, I use inexpensive house paint.

For primer, I use GW white and Krylon Ultra Flat black. For finish spray I use Testors Dullcote.

All my tools, bushes and terrain materials are purchased from other producers. GW stuff is just too expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

242 (x6)

I am just after buying paints from a shop called The Art and Hobby Shop. I dont know if you have the shop in england but if they are in ireland they are surely over there. I havent used them yet but they where marked miniture paints. I will let you know how they work out they cost E2.50 which i think is cheaper than the GW ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

254 (x8)

Aye cheers all.

I'll have to put in a search for Vallejo paints then as I've heard some good stuff about them.

chemicalcaveman: What are the paints called? Aye I think they work out cheaper than GW's, but not too sure.
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

No, its a quid fifty per pot of Citadel paint.

Try checking the painting forums on The Warp for more info. There are tons of GW alternatives.
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

242 (x6)

They dont really have a name. They have a yellow wrap with the words model and arcyrillic written on it. It says they are made in the uk and are suitable for all model plastics and thats about it really, no name. They are cheaper here because i usually have to pay 3 euro for citadel paints so they are about fifty cent cheaper plus it looks like they hold more paint. Still havent tried them out yet because i bought a new computor game as well and breaking that in at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just use the GW paints.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast