Vallejo Equivalent of Citadel Brown and Dark Green Green Ink - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

Vallejo Equivalent of Citadel Brown and Dark Green Green Ink

Hi guys,

What are the Vallejo Game Colour equivalents of the two mentioned inks? I checked numberous conversion charts on many websites, but they seem to differ. For example, some sites say that the Citadel Brown Ink is Vallejo's Skin Wash, but logic tells me that Cit. Brown Ink = V. Brown ink.

As for the green, most say that Cit. Dark Green = V. Green, although looking at the images on the website, I'd think that V. Black ink is closer to Cit. Dark Green ink.

Take a look at these sites:

Acrylicos Vallejo
    Warhammer Painting and Modeling Section

Anyone with experience, please let me know.

Thank you,

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x2)

I won't speak for the green ink, but the brown to brown is basically ok. it's not an exact match, but for most ink uses, it's close enough. The skin wash has a bit of lighter brown tone to it, so it may not come out the way you expect.

What's weird about the Vallejo link of inks is that there's a brown, a sepia and a skin wash, and sepia and skin wash are damn close together.

The green ink is just that, green ink, fairly intense. if you want to darken it, a 1:2 black to green ink should work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

cool, thanks.

anyone else has some input?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x4)

Inks in the valejo range tend to get a bit thick, add plenty of water to get the right consistancy.

I only say this due to the (smokey ink) that they run, comes out like paint. Maybe its just ultra concentrated, errr...maybe its the Game Colour range.

I still agree with myself on adding water to your inks, you can also crossmix inks. Like people have said before. might want to dumb it down, but overall great range for adding depth to your colour pallet!
    -HONORABLE MENTIONS IN BLITZKRIEG PAINTING COMP-
    "THAT I.G. GUY WITH THAT OVERDEVELOPED TRIGGER FINGER"

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. *Clix
    Refback This thread
    December 7th, 2008, 03:18