Terminator Diorama - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terminator Diorama

Hey guys, I am thinking of making a Terminator 2/3 diorama made into 40k(for a competition). (future scenes) It will be an urban battle between guardsmen and Necron Warriors. The guardsmen will be hiding behind burnt out automobiles throwing grenades, firing lasguns, firing heavy bolters and missile launchers. They will be in a rag-tag army, with a colour scheme of dark grey fatigues, and Black armour. It will be a 15" by 15" base. The necrons will be dark silver, with rusted parts, red gauss sticks, and red eyes. They will mainly consist of Necron warriors and a tomb spider with a necron lord urging them on, with some scarabs devouring some fallen guardsmen who couldn't retreat fast enough. Does anyone else think this is feasible or does anyone have any input?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

I love the idea, the only hard part might be finding cars the right size to use, but I think some creative plasticard, would be enough, even making the door frame and some car panels would be easy with the right thickness card.. so give it a shot.

Floating around space finding and converting small planets into biomatter for the fleet.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

Have you seen the Terminator 3-D thingie that they have at Disney resorts? If you have you'll probably remember the small flying cypher type things in that. I reckon it'd look awesome if you could have some converted flying scarabs based on them . Probably wouldn't be too hard to convert either...

Main Armies: The Septem Edo Hivefleets || Da Mekanikus of Mek Skagnatz || Clan Skrawlskir of the White Rat || The Eternal Legion of Chlorr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw terminator 3d on you tube, that sounds like a great idea!! I think I might not use automobiles, but just wreckage from any model parts i can get my hands on, maybe a blasted apart space marine statue?

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

It'd be cool to get some kind of inspiring statue that they've rallied around to defend to the last.
    Have bodies and corpses strewn ALL OVER the place, in various states, to make it look like the battle has been raging for a long time. Fresh kills are just blood on the otherwise clean uniforms. Older kills are pale, maybe even greenish, with dirty dried blood and a layer of grime or dust.

I've always liked the Stalingrad dioramas though, just because of the brutality, scale, and hopelessness of the struggle.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree it'd be really cool with the fallen statue - an inquisitor scale model or something?? i also like the idea of the fallen bodies -
    Flying scarabs are cool - as would be a tomb spider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your idea sounds cool man,
    Necrons and Guard in my opinion would be cool races to display as a diorama, a little more emotion in the models than other races, or absence of emotion in the Necrons case, hence creating the emotion.....anyway.
    An idea i had, depending on your skill and such, is to light your Necron models, hollow out the head for a miniature L.E.D, cut out the eyes, run a wire down through the torso and legs, and hook them to your power grid under the base of the diorama, it would create and awesome effet, or, along those lines, perhaps you could illuminate the red gauss sticks, that would be sweet. The possibilities are numerous, it all depends on how crazy you want to go.

And personally, I would stick with burnt out tank hulls, normal automobiles are a cool concept, but it is the year 40,000, I’m sure the normal automobile would be obsolete by this point, and I.G tanks just fit better with the theme, but that’s just my thoughts mate, go for your life hey, I’m sure it will be cool regardless.

That idea of rallying around a stature is very cool, perhaps not a space marine however, it detracts from the relation of the group around the statue, make the focal point more in character to the warriors around it.

Mad modelling,

Dan.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

I don't think he means set in the year 40k, I think he wants to make it LIKE the terminator movies, unless I misunderstood everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

40k themed terminator! THANX for the great advice guys! I decided to use an Epic Imperator Titan as the statue!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, right, terminator. It didn't even register you were referencing the films, my mistake.
    Cool cool.

Dan

+ Reply to Thread