Fishy Nids? O.o - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishy Nids? O.o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fishy Nids? O.o

So the other day I was thinking of exactly how I saw the tyranid army to react on the battlefield when I thought about them in my head. And the thing that always comes to ming first is the huge wave of nids just over running the enemy and then they eat it down to nothing and just keep going. Kinda like the scarbs in the mummy or something. How would I fit this into warhammer 40k though? The question arose! I wanted to keep my blue and white scheme and water theme so I thought...Piranhas! Ok now that the backstory is done...

How would I acutally make this on my nids? I would think just add a fin to the small ones heads, but is there any way to add fins without having to green stuff them ALL? The bigger nids would have more elborate fins and such, more than just one on their back or heads. Also, Could this work for flying as well and use the shape of a flying fishes wings...err...fins?

What do you guys think of this?

Eldar Craftworld Igsolus-Toc (reset for 5th)
    0 / 0 / 0 3500+

Tyranids Hive Fleet Oceanus (reset for 5th)
    0 / 0 / 0 WIP around 1600 points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's thread lurker warhammer madman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x2)

if i were you i would use the crest from lizardman skinks if i didnt greenstuff them onto guants try useing the big ones without folds on hormigarnts and the smaller ones on termigaunts and spinegaunts could be cool but what you do is up to you if i were you thought and i realy beleived in the story line i would green stuff them as this will save money but mean you spend more time lavishing care and attention on your models

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE]if i were you i would use the crest from lizardman skinks if i didnt greenstuff them onto guants try useing the big ones without folds on hormigarnts and the smaller ones on termigaunts and spinegaunts could be cool but what you do is up to you if i were you thought and i realy beleived in the story line i would green stuff them as this will save money but mean you spend more time lavishing care and attention on your models/QUOTE]

Oh god! PLease use punctuation;?

I think that it would be an interestign concept for an army. Except the whole out of water unable to breath thing I think its quite doable. Maybe green stuff on some sort of breathing apparatus like an organic gas mask?
    ----------------------------------------------
    IRON CHEF SCENEY II

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x4)

Except the whole out of water unable to breath thing I think its quite doable. Maybe green stuff on some sort of breathing apparatus like an organic gas mask?
    They're Tyranids. Nobody said they can't have dual respiratory systems making them able to function both on land and underwater.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

I believe they're called amphibians.

But yeah, great idea. Original, and funky.

There will be times when the niddlies have to subjugate mainly aquatic planets, and at these times you can just imagine huge nid inspired squid and stuff. Awesome.

*attacks pretty girls with tentacles*
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    152 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    *attacks pretty girls with tentacles*
    Seems more Slaaneshi to me
    What does Slaanesh use to fish?
    Demo-nets!
    Haha, wow thats khorney

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I think your idea to do fishy Nids is a good one. Themed armies are always fun to do. You could try to make this army without having to give every Tyranid fins. If you have some of them with fins other Tyranids with fishy parts will seem to fit in. I have found this with my scorpion themed Tyranids. Some of my Tyranids have a scorpion look I have givenb them on purpose, this makes people spot the scorpion or buggy-looking parts of other unconverted ones. Such as when you want to go all fishy you will find feeder tendrils looks very much like an octopus also spore mines look like jellyfish as do Zoanthropes in a way.

I would suggest watching the second and third pirates of the Caribbean, Davy jones and his fish face types may give you some ideas about how to apply fishy bits to your Tyranids. You can also use ideas such as a sharks head. You could give a Carnifex a pointy piece of carapace on it's head to show tusked. You could make this look like a shark as in Jaws. Basically I think making fishy Nids is cool and there are loads of things in the oceans to help give you ideas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the imput guys. And thanks a LOT to leech he gave me some great tips and ideas for some things to do, and also made me think of other ways to do this, so I don't have to mold 80+gaunt fins. >.> Rep for you! ^^

What should I name the hive fleet? I am not sure if Hydra is still apporpiate, neither is Piranha.

What should I do for Raveners? I use a good number of them and I was looking at the models thinking...ok...two big fins? Naw. Many small fins to replace the already kind of fin thingys? Naw. Another thing I could do is the teeth of the open mouth ones could be green stuffed like shark or piranha teeth. Need to plan this out a bit more and do some sketchs on it then I will get to work.
    Eldar Craftworld Igsolus-Toc (reset for 5th)
    0 / 0 / 0 3500+

Tyranids Hive Fleet Oceanus (reset for 5th)
    0 / 0 / 0 WIP around 1600 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    152 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwind View Post
    What should I name the hive fleet? I am not sure if Hydra is still apporpiate, neither is Piranha.
    Well Im not a nid fluffmaster, so Im not sure on this but it seems as if most hive fleet names are named after mythical creatures. Yours being water, here are some random ones you could use:

Oceanus
    Tethys
    Leviathan (taken though, i believe)
    Kraken

or just anything from random mythology
    What does Slaanesh use to fish?
    Demo-nets!
    Haha, wow thats khorney

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwind View Post
    You could try Aquarius the astrological sign. It may not sound hugely threatening in the conventional way but it may work and it would be quite different. I use Scorpio for my Hive fleet which is also an astrological sign. You could call it 'Jaws' and then everybody would know what it's about. Megalodon could be another name after that giant prehistoric shark.

I think if you want to do something for your Raveners you could try to look at eels. Raveners are long and snaky like eels. Place emphasis on thier mouths as the nastiest eels have big toothy mouths and so does the Red terror which is a kind of Ravener. You don't have to make huge mobs of Raveners as you might have to with Gaunts so you can probably do some more special work on them such as fins etc. There are also other things you can do on the Ravenbers or other Tyranids such as try to add more things like crab claws to replace rending or crushing claws. This would help to show they are like crabs, lobsters etc. The new plastic Daemonettes have lots of crab claws.

I would suggest also looking into water effects as it would be handy for fishy Nids. Also poke around in arts and craft stores and see if you can find tiny seashells. They would be useful to add to the bases of your models.
    Last edited by Leech; May 30th, 2008 at 23:07.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast