The 4 Baneblades of the Apocalypse. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x3)

The 4 Baneblades of the Apocalypse.

Ok, this is a huge, huge, HUGE, modeling project. Requiring at least 4 Baneblades, a lot of time and a heck of a lot of money, the 4 Baneblades of the Apocalypse is probably going to be my biggest conversion job of all time.

War: Short range Baneblade, with various close combat weapons. (Custom datasheet)

Pestilence: Plage tank (I cant remember what it's called) with Puss cannon

Faminne: Possibly a normal baneblade chasis, with a massive cannon that does Hellstorm template damage (Again, custom datasheet)

Death: I think this is just going to be a standard baneblade, but certainly the most decorated with an army of skeletons marching along the sides.
    If anyone knows of a tank that is rougly the same size as a baneblade and can be converted from the plastic kit, please let me know

I'm going to borrow the Apocalypse rule book from one of my mates to get a few stats, and when that is done, I will post the custom datasheets to give you guys a rough idea of what I have planned.

Codex: Legion Astartes - I am in need of Beta/proof readers and play testers
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Hmmm... Interesting idea.

I'd look at maybe basing the "War" unit off of the Stormsword - it's already built to slug it out up close, so it ought to be a good starting point.

Your "Pestilence" tank is called the Plaguereaper, FYI.

And as for "Death", look into the Shadowsword as a starting point. As far as I'm concerned, anything that fires a 10" Destroyer blast is a fitting unit to represent the Reaper himself!
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your, not going to buy in 4 baneblades are you !!!! Depending on your skill with scratchbuilding and plasticard you could always make some from the templates. Look at "lackofbettername's baneblade" on warseer (i think) for inspiration. also the yahoo group bwc archive has plans for a baneblade which could be your chassis you need.

If you can't get the plans PM me and i'll send them to you. Im a group member!!!
    At ease men - some of you may die - happily that is a sacrifice i am willing to make.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x3)

Really great suggestions there, Wraith. Both the Stormblade and Stormsword look really nice.

And yes, I am going to buy at least 4 Baneblades While I am ok at scratch building, this project isgoing to take enough time as it is, without having to build 4 tanks from scratch

When I've gpt the stats I need, I'll do the data sheets and post them here for you guys to reveiw.
    Last edited by Stormchaser; May 29th, 2008 at 10:49.
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x1)

I don't know if you have thought of this, but if GW won't give you a discount on four Baneblades, then you should shop around the various sites that on-sell GW stock and see how cheap you can get them. Four 'Blades is a fairly serious order and it should be worth a retailer's while giving you a small percentage off. Let us know how you do!
    cheers,
    TOMB
    (Target On My Back)
    Zapp: You see the killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them until they reached their limit and shut down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x3)

Considering how huge this project is, I'm only in the planning process. When I have the funds, I am probably going to go to my local model shop, as I am quite friendly with the owner, and he's fairly likley to give me a discount.

He gave me a £4 magazine of modeling tools once for free, when I brought a Bretonnian Battalion. I was well chuffed
    The Primarch Project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have to say, i love this idea stormchaser.

where are you actually from? as i am sure there will be companies online that could send you the stuff for a fair price.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

Ebay them. Also, when making each tank give yourself a month and a half or so to complete it.
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by kommissar karls kadians View Post
    i have to say, i love this idea stormchaser.

where are you actually from? as i am sure there will be companies online that could send you the stuff for a fair price.
    I'm from merry old England (And damn proud of it ) I'll try the local model shop first, bu then go online *Nods*

Quote Originally Posted by archonofdeath View Post
    Ebay them. Also, when making each tank give yourself a month and a half or so to complete it.
    Each box wis going to be labeled, so I don't end up opening the War box, when I want to work on the Famminne tank, and I'm going to collect all the bitz for them before I start assembling. And ebay is probably going to be a nessesity, as i want to use the older skelly models for the Death Baneblade.

Cheers for all your support guys! :drinking:
    Last edited by Stormchaser; June 1st, 2008 at 00:09.
    The Primarch Project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormchaser View Post
    I'm from merry old England (And damn proud of it )
    Huzzah! I would raise my cup of tea to you, but I seem to have drunk it all already.

4 Baneblades, I'm still trying to figure out if you're inspired or crazy! I wouldn't do it myself, but that's probably because I'm more addicted to buying guitar gear than I am Warhammer, and nearly every uneccessary purchase I consider, I tend to think that I could put the cash towards a guitar instead. Maybe I shold see someone about that...

Still, if you want the 4 Baneblades, I want pictures! I like Wraith's suggestions, and it is a good idea you have, even if you are crazy
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast