First Three Leman Russ of my Armoured Company - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

First Three Leman Russ of my Armoured Company

I intend to do a bit more detail work at some point or another, but they're mostly done (will probably add some banners and thing to them, and the front weapon is magnetic and can be swapped for Heavy Bolters. These three I didn't think ahead enough for and forgot to make magnetic sponsons, so they will act more as my mobile force.

Note that I don't intend to have any of my guard showing on the tanks, mainly because I'm aiming for a ghost-like greatcoats army.

I'm also quite sure the images came out a bit brighter than the actual models, because they look more of a deep red with highlights, than a mid red/orange with highlights. The entire thing is drybrushed, as I'm horrid at painting.

And forgive any blur that is in the pictures, I don't own a tripod and the depth of field at such a close range (I was using 28mm on the first and then 80mm on the other two) is terrible, especially since I was at the lenses minimum range (sadly I can't afford to purchase a 400-500$ lens, and if I were going to I'd be looking more into a very large f stop, instead of minimum focus distance as I am more likely to do night photography than close range macro).

A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x1)

Nice work there, but I just feel the tanks are missing something, I can't say what really though. Maybe you could paint on or apply markings of some sort cause as good as the paintwork is, it really is just a two coloures and that is it (red and silver) maybe something brown, blue or white. You know what I meen right, a third colour;Y.

-Dwayne
    CHK CHK BOOM!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x4)

Sounds like a plan. I intended some kind of marking for it, however I can't seem to think of anything... Bah, I'll look into what is typically done and then wind up not doing that at all :drinking:

Also, the true colours are slightly more noticable in person. It's chaos black undercoat thickly drybrushed with dark flesh, then drybrushed with blood red, and then extremely lightly drybrushed with Blazing Orange. I was thinking maybe I should throw some gold on there.
    Last edited by archonofdeath; June 2nd, 2008 at 07:02.
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x1)

That's a good idea red and gold go well together look forward to seeing it done. Have you ever given not drybrushing a go.

-Dwayne
    CHK CHK BOOM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

Gold would really help, that's for sure - if not that, then bleached bone on the hatches would look good next to the red/brown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Izzinatah View Post
    Gold would really help, that's for sure - if not that, then bleached bone on the hatches would look good next to the red/brown
    I've found that bleached bone goes really well with dark reds. Bleached Bone and Red Gore are the main colours of my High Elf army and I think it looks great, if I take to time to do a good job that is!
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Oooh, pretty! Color reminds me of adMech, even though that's not what you were going for.

And don't sweat drybrushing tanks. Most everybody I've ever talked to does it, and it looks pretty good most of the time. When it doesn't, that's what touch-up jobs are for!

The pics look fine to me, but if you're worried about "getting close" you'll find it's less of a burden on the camera to take a picture at a distance, using a high resolution, then on your PC. Then, use a photo editing program (I like GIMP. Just as good as Photoshop, and no $650 price tag!) to crop and resize. You'll get remarkably good results, especially with proper lighting.
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x4)

AdMech do have something to do with it

The local Space Marine chapter of the Draci star system forced the world to become a hiveworld, and guided it toward their favourite people, the AdMech. Not to mention the local Space Marine chapter is bloody crazy, which is the result of being a later founding using the Iron Hands geneseed (they actually go insane at later ages if they have visible, non-mechanical portions to their body, and the start to act as if it's putrid and infested and evil, like all of the chaos gods are warping their skin). As such red is the main colour of the planet's royalty and fighting forces.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

yeah I have to agree with myself here, there needs to be company markings or some sort of rank designation, but you are already on the way so this is just to say hi and good job!

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

They seem very monotone to me. They would look far better with just a few more colours added in; as it is, it looks like they're all brown and just brown. Not a bad paint job by any stretch of the imagination, just far too one-sided for my tastes. If you change them up at all, be sure to add some more pics!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast