Chaos conundrum - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chaos conundrum

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Chaos conundrum

Hi:

I bought a bunch of OOP metal Chaos Space Marine minis a while ago (back before I knew there was a difference between chaos and loyalist Space Marines LOL), and I'm looking to get rid of them (no, this is not an ad). I tried selling them on Ebay a while back, but no takers. I'm thinking I should try painting them if I want someone to buy them. I have four "regular" Chaos Space Marines, and two "assault weapon" Chaos Space Marines. One looks like a very old school plasma gun, while the other... I'm not sure. Looks like a flamer.

Anyway, I'm trying to think what would be the best color scheme to go with, if I'm looking to unload them. Would Black Legion be the best "generic" scheme? Not being a Chaos player, I'm not sure what is most "popular." I was also thinking of buying/painting up a 400-point combat patrol or just a squad of Chaos marines, rather than just the six models I have. Would this make sense?

Course, there's the other uber-frightening possibility: Keep 'em and just... add more. Must... resist... I admit I like the look of noise marines, though the GW box set only has enough special weapons to outfit three (!) of the marines, including the champion? Is this right? What if I want a bunch of guys to carry sonic blasters? The codex says you can, right? How would I even get more blaster bits? Battlewagonbits.com doesn't have them.

Whew! Gotta get a hold of myself. I can hear my wallet screaming at me now.

Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    397 (x6)

I think the combat patrol is a phenomenal idea. It's a (relatively) cheap and (relatively) quick way to start and play with a new army.
    General Project Log Things I Paint
    Seeing Red A Khador Log
    Stuck Between Stations My Blog

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by xbanditsx View Post
    I think the combat patrol is a phenomenal idea. It's a (relatively) cheap and (relatively) quick way to start and play with a new army.
    Right, but is someone more likely to buy a 400 point combat patrol army, as opposed to a couple random painted models?
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    397 (x6)

My mistake. I read that as "paint and sell them" or "get a combat patrol to keep." I would say keep trying on ebay. I feel like the trend on ebay is to strip painted minis, so you may be wasting your time painting them.
    General Project Log Things I Paint
    Seeing Red A Khador Log
    Stuck Between Stations My Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x4)

What if I want a bunch of guys to carry sonic blasters? The codex says you can, right? How would I even get more blaster bits? Battlewagonbits.com doesn't have them.
    Who said you have to use the GW-made Sonic Blasters?
    Take some bits, plasticard/plastirod and greenstuff (guitar wire optional but recommended) and make your own.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

Black legion is very nice, if you have the codex there is tons of cool schemes in there but I think black legion is probably one of the favourites, I like word bearers quite a lot, the silver and red mixes quite well.

Senior Member Inquisitor_Naravus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

I'd personally attempt to sell them again as they are and if that doesnt work create a high quality squad and sell that. Just slap the "professional" label on it and people will eat it up.

-Naravus

+ Reply to Thread