The Joy of Felt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: The Joy of Felt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Joy of Felt

Most gaming folks use felt as a cheap way to cover the surface of their dining room table making it appear as grass, sand, or asphalt (depending on the color I assume). But there are some other great uses.

Roads and Rivers- Cut in long sections, these make a quick and dirty way to get a small stream or road. I like to cut small 3-4" sections the width of my longer pieces into blocky oblong pieces (the key point is rounded edges). These act as turn sections to give my roads/streams a bit more curvature. If you ever wanted to do a jungle fight battle, felt terrain is the way to go. You can quickly create paths and open areas on a large surface of green felt, simply by laying down cut sections of a different color.

Forest Borders- Plop down an oblong section of green felt, throw on some trees, and you will never have to argue with your opponent on where the edge of the woods are again. White Dwarf always has fantastic photos of their terrian, but most of their woods are just impassible chunks of trees. By having a static base, you can move 3-4 based trees around to accomidate what models are in the woods.

Other ideas- Cut square sections and you have a feild. Lay down some lichen and you can say the area is brush; 6+ save with no effect on movement. Felt can allow you to get some pretty wacky terrain effects going (red- lava pools, black- tar pits, green- toxic waste pools for a decimated death world) and you can always find odd colors at a hobby shop for a cheap price.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

good ideas! I think I'm going to try some of em, we don't have many terrain, just 2 bunkers, 2 or 3 (somewhat damaged) buildings and some obstacles. Time for trees
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! Now I can actually have some terrain on my board. Seriously.

Closed Thread