Sword Brethren - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sword Brethren

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chipped Armor

Here is a sword brethren I painted. I wanted it to look like the armor is chipped. The only problem is, my camera is horrible at taking pictures up close, so, unfortunately, the picture is bad. But comments and critiques would be greatly appreciated.

Again, sorry for the bad picture. I'll try to take some better ones. I'll put up some of my other sword brethren that I have painted in a similar manner, once I can fix my good camera.

Last edited by Thunderbound; June 12th, 2008 at 22:02.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Well, for an attempt it looks good. However, the chipping is too big I think. On a model that size I think it would take smaller chipped off parts. I don't think flakes that are handsized come of regularly.

But as I said.. it does look good though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you. Though, I do have a reason for so much of the paint comming off. I was trying to make it look like he had been in multiple battles, and has not had time to repair and repaint his armor. So the smaller chips and scrapes would add up over time. It may not look like that though, I don't know.

Thank you for the tip though, It will come in handy as I do more of my marines this way.
    Hey! Look at the little.... Oh ****!

By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x3)

Good effort, no doubt about that. But as Chaoschrist said, the chipping is a bit too big.

If you want an idea of what chipping on a model that size would look like, spend 5 mins on a spare metal model, undercoat and basecoat, nothing more. Then put it in you pocket with a few coins, then go for a strole. The coins should chip the model in the right places and the right size

Hope this helps
    Codex: Legion Astartes - I am in need of Beta/proof readers and play testers
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x1)

Tis' very good effort. But like a few have said the chips need a lil more realism. The rest of the mini, from what I can see, is very good:happy:.

-Dwayne
    CHK CHK BOOM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the tips.

Here are some more pictures of the same marine. Unfortunately, they are also, all not very good quality. My camera doesn't want to stay focused once I have zoomed in.

Anyways, maybe there are enough pictures to negate the poor quality of them. (probably not)

Last edited by Thunderbound; June 13th, 2008 at 18:57.
    Hey! Look at the little.... Oh ****!

+ Reply to Thread