Need advice for trench coat wearing minis - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Need advice for trench coat wearing minis

I want to model my Delaque necromunda gang with the cool trench coats they are known for. So far aside from the original models I haven't really found anything acceptable. I would really like to model my own, and I am not above making my own coats. I was wondering, before I go about this huge ordeal if anyone knew of any coat-wearing models that would be easily convertible. Or if not a model that would be a good base to build the coat over. Something that has either no armor or is only lightly armored is preferable.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Old Metal Steel Legion, FW Dkok (Yeah Right ) or wait till next year and get the new IG plastics.
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Have you seen Death Korps of Kreig from Forge World? I think every single mini in the range wears a trenchcoat. Could be useful.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

255 (x6)

I figured I would get death core and steel legion advice. They are wearing gas masks, and cool as that may be it is not exactly what I had in mind. Thanks, but I should have been more specific.

Its all about gang wars, so they really aren't that well armored. I am looking for more matrix-esque trench coat wearers. Sunglasses-at-night-wearing, guns-blazing, run-up-the-wall badassness. Hardened fighters who use their coats to conceal hidden weapons and use their stealth to their advantage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadstar_MRC View Post
    Have you seen Death Korps of Kreig from Forge World? I think every single mini in the range wears a trenchcoat. Could be useful.
    And some have skull helmets! that would look cool for a Nec. gang.
    "When Space Wolves call upon Russ or the Emperor in battle, it is to witness the deeds of Men and to judge The Fallen."
    - Meditations upon the Fang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have the money. Get some DKOK, get some Necromunda weapon arms and some different heads from where ever and do your thing. Same thing with Steel Legion but they are metal but just as expensive lol.
    http://brunsvillegame.blogspot.com/2...1_archive.html
    PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LOOK AT MY BLOG!
    Rep people if they help you!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

The only other model wearing a trenchcoat that I can think of at the moment is the imoerial commissar and needless to say that would require some pretty hefty converting to make it look right. On the whole I think You'll either have to greenstuff the coats yourself on an appropriate model or wait until the new guard come out sometime next year.

Edit: If you have the funds you could use the DKOK models and simply do a headswap rather than keep the gas masks. That way you'll end up with proper looking trenchcoats but no gas masks. (Mind you, cutting resin is generally less than suggestable. )
    Last edited by Morkai; June 14th, 2008 at 17:36.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

I know a couple of websites for non G.W miniture companies that might have what you need.

first is this one,
    Corporate Wars

and you could try this one

Copplestone Castings

or

Foundry 28mm Street Violence

if none of these are to your taste then you can always just try some simple searches are on google,
    G.W are not the only mini company.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

255 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I know a couple of websites for non G.W miniture companies that might have what you need.

first is this one,
    Corporate Wars

and you could try this one

Copplestone Castings

or

Foundry 28mm Street Violence

if none of these are to your taste then you can always just try some simple searches are on google,
    G.W are not the only mini company.
    That stuff is perfect, thank you so much!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

You can try to make your own trenchcoats. I have found that an easier way to do it is to start with tissue paper or toilet roll (unused) soaked in PVA, you may need to add some water to the PVA to get it to soak into the tissue paper. Put this onto the model in the shape of the trenchcoat and wait for it to dry. This is used as the basic skeleton for the trenchcoat. If things seem to go wrong remember that it is just tissue paper and PVA and can be easily discarded.

Once this is dry you can use some putty, I think milliput is best for this kind of work. Use the putty and smooth it over the surface of the tissue paper/PVA mix. This can be used to give you a smoother result. Before the paper actually dries though you will find it is easy to manipulate. This may help you to add trenchcoats to your models without having to expend huge amounts of green stuff.

+ Reply to Thread