Lost and The Damned - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lost and The Damned

So I'm thinking of ways to do resurrect my old Lost and the Damned army.

One idea I had was using sisters of battle (Witch Hunters) rules and modeling chaos warriors with bolters/flamers etc. Easy to make WYSIWYG.

I think it's prefect to represent an army of a dark "faith". :glasses-cool:

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Yeah, a Witch Hunters list with allies is one of the better ways to represent Lost and the Damned. You can represent Chaos Marines (if you want them) with allied Space Marines, crazed heretics with zealots (from a White Dwarf article), arco-flagellants, and priests. Cult leaders and arch-heretics, as well as their acolytes, can be easily represented by Inquisitors and their retinues, and cool daemonic warmachines can be represented by penitent engines. Something using Daemonhost rules from Codex Daemonhunters could be cool too. You can also take Stormtroopers with Hellguns Shotguns and allied Imperial Guard (if you don't take allied Marines) to represent traitors; you can even take one Leman Russ. Imperial Guard Ogryns could represent Big Mutants well. This could be a really cool army, especially if you use the Witch Hunters list to its full potential -- personally I think it'd be a bit bland if you only took Sisters, but I don't know what you have in mind visually; maybe you don't want to resurrect the full range of units available to the Lost and the Damned.

I hope that helps. What did you have in mind as models for the Sisters?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Chaos Warriors for Sisters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Chaos Warriors? The big ones? With the size of those models, it seems to me that they would have stats at least as good as regular Chaos Marines, if not better. I'd go with something using Marauder bits or something less beefy for Sisters, but it's your decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with marauders is they have no armor to speak of. And while large, the chaos warriors at least keep things a bit more WYSIWYG.

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

It's a good idea. I also like the idea of using Deamon Hunters
    as Malal worshippers, since Malal is the anti chaos chaos god.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

LO's thread lurker warhammer madman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x2)

use dark eldar bodyies and legs (some usefull heads here to) then use catachan heads (catachan gard regiment...). to get bolt guns im not sure mabee end up geting lots of spare marines. or you could just use van sarrs from necromanda (the only gang i ever loved). or use necromunda gun wepon sprew for auto guns and shot guns ant count them as bolters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

The problem with marauders is they have no armor to speak of. And while large, the chaos warriors at least keep things a bit more WYSIWYG.
    Yeah, I guess. For the sake of the conversation, are you deadset on using those, or are those just the best things you can think of?

use dark eldar bodyies and legs (some usefull heads here to) then use catachan heads (catachan gard regiment...). to get bolt guns im not sure mabee end up geting lots of spare marines. or you could just use van sarrs from necromanda (the only gang i ever loved). or use necromunda gun wepon sprew for auto guns and shot guns ant count them as bolters.
    Dark Eldar parts do not mesh well with human parts. If I were you, I'd hold off until the Cultists for Warriors of Chaos in the fall and then give them bolters from Battlewagon Bits. This way you could still use the warriors as allied Marines.

Senior Member Inquisitor_Naravus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

Before you start hacking apart your LoD models...there is a rumor going about that LoD will be in the new marine codex although they will likely only be troop/elite choices and not an actual army.

-Naravus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor_Naravus View Post
    Before you start hacking apart your LoD models...there is a rumor going about that LoD will be in the new marine codex although they will likely only be troop/elite choices and not an actual army.

-Naravus
    Are you perhaps confusing Legion of the Damned with Lost and the Damned? Legion of the Damned are the Hell's Angel-looking Marines, Lost and the Damned were an army list from the Eye of Terror campaign book comprised of mutants and traitors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast