Keeper of Secrets - scratchbuilt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keeper of Secrets - scratchbuilt

Here is the scratchbuilt Keeper of Secrets I have been working on lately. I used a metal armature, made dis-articulated legs of A/B epoxy then connected them together an built it up with more A/B. Then I made arms using tyranid hands and the head from greenstuff over jaws from a tyranid and eyes. Finally went in with brown stuff for detail. Complete except for shoulders.

This Keeper is named "Tje'pong" and is for my Daemon army.

~Sybaris Slaay

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

I like the general outline of it, but the pics are too blurry to really tell. I think the body would benefit from more detail though, such as trappings of different kinds. And some armour and clothing (not too much though! )
    Last edited by Da Mighty Camel; June 16th, 2008 at 22:58.

Senior Member Inquisitor_Naravus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mighty Camel View Post
    I like the general outline of it, but the pics are too blurry to really tell. I think the body would benefit from more detail though, such as trappings of different kinds. And some armour and clothing (not too much though! )
    Agreed, possibly make the torso look a bit more human? Not to insult you but it kinda looks like you sculpted a barbie doll's body there..
    Other than that the head and legs look pretty good though the pictures are a bit blurry.

-Naravus

By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor_Naravus View Post
    ... sculpted a barbie doll's body there..
    -Naravus
    That's not a bad idea *Plots* :vampire:
    Codex: Legion Astartes - I am in need of Beta/proof readers and play testers
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

kad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, possibly make the torso look a bit more human? Not to insult you but it kinda looks like you sculpted a barbie doll's body there..
    Other than that the head and legs look pretty good though the pictures are a bit blurry.

-Naravus
    I have to agree there. Unless it's going to be wearing a 1950's undergarment, or one of the more specialized "custom" undergarments found in small, out of the way shops today, female breasts aren't normally that pointed. :wink: I like the overall structure and appearance though. Please post more pics as you proceed with the sculpting.
    -K
    Someone with WAY too many figures to paint!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x2)

nice idea.. and definately a good start!

people, whats wrong with pointy boobs?
    maybe its a keeper in her late teens instead of a forty-year old ?

a couple of crits though:

Hip-area lacks definition, either expand edges of the hipbones out or narrow in the waist a little.

Buttocks.. a marine could run around inbetween them.

Thighs lack musculature.. the pose would put heavy load on the knees, thus the muscles on the upper thighs would bulge.

edit: oh, and when filling in the shoulder's, dont forget that females have musculature underneath the bewbs too that connect with the shoulders (pec's).. common sculpting error

keep us posted on the progress!

Senior Member Inquisitor_Naravus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by arachnid View Post
    people, whats wrong with pointy boobs?
    maybe its a keeper in her late teens instead of a forty-year old ?\\
    I've never known women of any age to have torpedoes from their chest lol...but good point for the rest of it.

I'm looking forward to some updates!

-Naravus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i always admire scratch built models. it does look good. all it need is some detail such as extra bitz, carvingsz clothing, and so on. ver good job overall
    Victory for Tzeentch!

Souls for the Changer of Ways!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x2)

I've never known women of any age to have torpedoes from their chest lol...but good point for the rest of it.

I'm looking forward to some updates!

-Naravus

hehe, well, what can i say, i'm from a land of perky mammories

anyway, the v2-rockets on the model looks better than forgeworld's "eye-boobs" ,Imo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your comments and ideas everyone. I completed the shoulders last night - looks pretty nice I think. I will have to wait for my wife to get back with the digital camera for update pics.

Anyways, I adjusted her left arm more forward to show her backside and profile more. Basically, I was going for a highly stylized form suggestive of a human female yet bestial and animalistic while retaining a kind of gracile and lithe, graceful look.

My wife made the boobs, actually, and, while American she is of Swedish descent - so perhaps as Arachnid said, her sculpting captured some of the perkiness of the homeland Sverige.

I will try to add some detail into it - mostly going for the stark, jewelled look of the forgeworld keeper, rather than the exoskeleton look of the crappy metal keeper.

I wish the camera was better though, there is much detail thare that is not visible in the pic such as the mantis style spike arms she has with little jaws on the upper part and pore holes (looks really insect like and creepy)

Not planning on really changing her body or butt or boobs (A/B epoxy not too workable) but definitely into adding layers of jewels or detail onto her. I have some small super vibrant fake little gems that would look cool added onto a tiara or something .

What do you think of these ideas?

_____ Make her horns veiny and have metal tips connected by real chain.

_____ Add two chains on each side connecting her loin cloth / armor thingy and the jewelled armor (yet to be built) around her tail.

____ Leave her like she is and just really detail up the paint job emphasizing the jewelled armor of her loincloth, thigh bangle and upper arm bangle.

____ Add a coup,le of select jewelry items

____ Make her all exoskeletoned out

____ Make her holding a magick spell in her left open palm using the old GW succubus familiar model and greenstuff flames

____ Your idea here

Thanks for your ideas!

~Sybaris Slaay

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast