Building ruins terrain - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Building ruins terrain

I needed to make some terrain to provide cover for my black templar, as they run in, so I decided to make the ruins of a building. Here are some pics of it. Its just about done, so I wanted to get some opinions. Sorry if some of the pictures are bad, my camera isn't the most reliable.

Hey! Look at the little.... Oh ****!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Wow, very nice terrain you've got there. I really like the weathering you've got going on. What materials did you use to put that together? It looks alot like foam and plasticard.
    Finally, my only criticism: the base looks too big. The base looks alot larger than the rubble on it. I would either pack the rest of the base a little more densely, or trim it down a little.

(by the way- nice Deathscythe Hell in the sig. Love that suit)
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you.

The materials I used are black foam board, a little bit of carboard, paper clips/toothpicks for a few things, and a colored pencil. (I didn't use any plasticard, but I should probably buy some in the future.)

I might trim the base down, but I'm also going to make more terrain to fit with this thing. My plan is to make a "modular" board with a few of my friends. I'm going to make another section that Is nothing but rubble, hopefully to make it look like people have started to move the rubble away to rebuild it. (if I misunderstood you, please let me know)

(oh, and yes deathscyth hell is awsome.)
    Last edited by Thunderbound; June 17th, 2008 at 00:07.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

All Gundam comments aside (I really miss that show)-
    Yes, plasticard is always a nice addition to your toolbox, but for the materials you used that is SUPERB. I beleive that we both misunderstood eachother. I didn't realize that you were basing them in order to make a modular board. But what I was trying to say is that it is somewhat misleading.

1) if the whole board doesn't count as difficult terrain (or, in 4th ed. -cover) then you need to find a way to mark what IS difficult terrain

2) if the whole board IS difficult terrain, then you should make more rubble so that it looks the part.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, ok I get it now, I'll have to think on that. Thanks.
    Last edited by Thunderbound; June 17th, 2008 at 01:12.

+ Reply to Thread