Your Terrain? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Terrain?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What terrain does everyone use? How good does it look and how long did it take to make?
    Personnaly I havent got much, since my friend has loads. Today I made 4 bases of razor wire made from wire fencing. in my opinion its excellent. Also we use hills, little silos, buildings, bushes and walls made from spare bits stuck together. Tempted to make minefields made from tau gun drones!
    Pics to come soon!

A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have 3 large runied buildings, 2 Large Bunkers, 2 Chemical Storage areas, 2 random small buildings, several rubble piles, i still need to make razor wire and tank traps :ph34r:
    Quote of the week: "dude, for a whole hour, i would fall asleep!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

I use stupid lame hills and forests of green construction paper... leaving much to the imagination... at one point I used VHS tapes as terrain... but after playing necromunda I made afactory out of bulk heads with a working fan and factory lights... took about a week to make the building and a month to get the fan and lights working right...

I also made a few bunkers out of the old styro foam boxes GW used not too long ago... put two of them on top of each other and you have the basis of a bunker... add some wood filler for texture and your set

I'm working on moduler sewer terrain now for double layers of terrain in city fight and necromunda... I'll have to post it when I get at least one peice done... but for it I'm useing 4" pipe and slicing it in half so I have half pipes to walk threw and place minis better...

-Jenn

Current Armys
    Tomb Kings, Marines, Eldar

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm let me see...

Currently I am using the following:

3x hills (size 8-12 inches by 5-8 inches large)
    1x forest with abandoned road running though
    1x forest with small lake
    1x small regular forest
    1x abandoned gas storage plant
    2x 6-7inch streatches of razorwire
    2x forgeworld tank traps
    1x various necromunda buildings

That's just about what I can mention now...
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did have two bin bags full of useful scenery building materials, but my wife got upset with me and made me throw it all out as it was taking up to much space - that and i hadn't picked up anything warhammer 40kish in about 3 weeks. When it comes to building models for my army, that takes next to no time whatsoever, and is completed not long after having bought them, as for painting and scenery i have to be in the mood, and keep the enthusiasm going otherwise things just sit there!

I started a comms tower/outlook post which comprises of two towers with a walkway between the two and a ladder (that i hand built from sprues) to the ramparts. It stands about a foot high, and is yet to be completed, but is usable as it stands. I was looking at building it into an outpost but lack of meterials has stopped me. That's what happens when you are a family man though, spare time is not necessarily spare time for yourself!

So until i can amass building materials again, and the wife doesn't make me throw them out, that is it. Apart from the scenery that came in the w40k game box.
    Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules.
    13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be.

... and Daemonhunters make it three - now just need a spare room to store it all!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, i'm a lot luckier than you it seems. Being a woodshopteacher i have half a basement at school to use for materials, and several cupboards for displaing my scenery. It's a win-win situation, my wife don't complain about bits and pieces at home (which she actually didn't in the first place either) and my students gets inspiration to build terrain themselves by seing mine.

Right now I probably got houses to make a 4' by 6' Mordheim table, 7-8 woods, 5-6 hills in varying sizes, a 6' river and lake, a fortress made of wood for my woodelves, a couple of bunkers, a watchtower, a 2' bailybridge, a factory, a powerplant, a refinery, 4-5 pieces with abandont piping and an infinite number of walls, hedges, razorwire and tanktraps.

wow - didn't realise I had this much til I startet writing it down.

Thanlaan
    Woodelven hero and Spacewolves commander

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow Thanlaan!
    Sounds like you got every scenery builders dream come true.
    I had access to a lot of stuff back a few years ago... back when I was in school myself.
    I still have access to a whole lot of very interesting objects...so interesting that they are almost screaming out in true "Alice in Wonderland" style:

BUILD ME! BUILD ME!

Unfortunantly they stuff is slightly expencive... proparbly woulden't fit anyone wallet, at least not on this site.
    Imagine this...

Building a laser defence silo out of a "Forward stationary air oil seal"...
    A piece that has a value of something like $30000!!
    Even though it's scrapped!

Although I could try bending some rules here and there, ask someone for the part and at the same time do a little prayer...
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it is a dream come true, and to make it even better - I get paid to make terrain. Both at school and once every week when I teach at the youthcenter. Also I am going to teach terrainmaking at a seminar this summer paid by the citycounsel. Only real downside is that when I teach I have to help the others so I dont have much time to build my own.

About the prize it isn't much of a problem for me since I just use whatever bits and pieces laying around. Most of my terrain wouldn't cost much more than 5-10$ to make, but I could probably sell it for about 50-60$

Thanlaan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats cool Thanlaan.

I got loads of free stuff from my woodwork teacher before:

-Three 2' x 3' mdf boards,
    -Polystyrene a plenty,
    -sawdust, (makes excellent flock),
    -moulded plastic shapes.

The moulded plastic shapes were pieces that our school games club made one night when no-one was playing because of exams so the few of us that were there made some plastic hills and covered them with sawdust to make sand dunes.

We also made a mould for a watchtower for 40K which we made out of melted down sprues!
    Join TSI, purge for the Emperor, the truth shall set you free.

View the rules <a href='http://portal.librarium-online.com/content/view/137/28/' target='_blank'>here</a>

Lifes a beach, until someone kicks sand in your face.

<a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=10867&st=0' target='_blank'>My Stories&#33;</a>

<a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showforum=125' target='_blank'>Cityfight.</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I always tell my students - just let your imagination run riot. I like your idea with making moulds, I usualy use 5x5 mm wood and 4 mm plywood, it makes the buildings wery durable. Other than that I just rumage throug my bitzboks for wireing or fences, the little odds and ends whitch gives your terrain that final touch.

Thanlaan

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast