Inquisitor Lord - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inquisitor Lord

Ein
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    472 (x6)

Inquisitor Lord

It probably has to do with the fact that I went to Golden Demon and saw all the magnificently painted miniatures, but I've been feeling the urge to pick up a brush lately and paint some stuff, and this guy was the first thing I spotted on my desk. I figured I'd give it a go, though I didn't have very high hopes for the model as I am not very practiced in painting anything but an ork.

He's still a work in progress, as you may be able to guess by the messy base and unfinished rock. That said, I'm pretty happy with how he's looking so far - aside from the fact that I haven't painted in eyes, he's got one of the best faces I've managed to paint on a human mini before. That may not say a lot, but I am still pleased. I tried using some ink washes on the cape - it came out a bit dirtier looking than I was shooting for, but it's passable. I was even feeling a little adventurous, so I gave NMM a try on the details that I wanted to be gold. Obviously, it's not quite right - I don't think I have the colors down properly to pull NMM off, and the shine on the bits I tried it on looks a little weird.

All told, there's some more work to be done to him, but for a gaming standard, I think he's up to par.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

At first I wanted to say for the unfinished base but you covered me in the remarks under the pics...

I would make another layer of highlight or two in the cape!

Apart from that you have made an excellent job! :smile:
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Tsele. The cape needs a highlight, but other than that, I like it alot. Very nice.
    Hey! Look at the little.... Oh ****!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x2)

The only thing that really stuck out was, like the other two gents mentioned, the cape. A highlight on the fur wouldn't be bad, and also a highlight in the hair would be nice.

But this model even in his unfinished state looks AMAZING! I envy you and most painters on here, and this is one of the best models I have seen personally. I love how his armour is, looks like stone.

-K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that looks great, love the face especially, can't wait to see if finished
    Back in the zone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, looking really good.

Only thing to pick up on would be, as previously mentioned, a highlight on the cape and on the fur.

The NMM looks really good as well, i especially like the wings on the bolter.

Rep.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ein View Post
    All told, there's some more work to be done to him, but for a gaming standard, I think he's up to par.
    I wish my gaming standard was even remotely approaching this!

It's a great looking mini so far, I look forward to seeing it when you have finished it off, I also like the conversion itself as well, he looks how and Inquisitor Lord should IMO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x1)

Nice work so far, but as mentioned I think the red needs a little tidying up and a highlight or two and perhaps one last highlight on the cape.

-Dwayne
    CHK CHK BOOM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    148 (x2)

I LOVE IT!! i have always thought inquisitors are awesome fluffwise, but i have never really seen one that screams inquisitor until now, he looks very powerful...but like others have said the cape is the only part that may need a little bit more work
    chaos marines have the chaos gods on their side, but space marines have games workshop on theirs

Ein
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    472 (x6)

Spent a little more time cleaning the model up, and I gave him a proper base. I think he's about done, or at least as done as I'm going to paint him.

I did the best I could to fix the robes a bit. They're not perfect, but the new washes help a great deal in evening things out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)