Time for Shonuff to get a little "chaosy" - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    229 (x4)

Time for Shonuff to get a little "chaosy"

OPKay folks..

it's ben a busy month, in addition to working on the house, getting the addition finished, i've been commissioned to crank out an insane ammount of scenery.

145 6-12'' broken walls with flocked base and imperium posters can get a bit overwhelmingly...boring.
    20 rocky outcropping area scenery done can only break up wall-building so much...
    So I think it's time to do some Chaos scenery..
    I have alot of players who dabble in the warp , and want their own scenery..

I have a few ideas on what i want to make, but not nearly enough for my level of satisfaction. So I come to you, faithful Scenery fans, to tell me what kind of cool chaos scenery should I make?

1. Huge massive chaos Glory symbol (14 inches high+ ) half tilted on it's side, partially buried with some blood an gore on it.

2. Chaos masoleum type structure, all gothic, spikey and statuey..like a "take an hold" objective.

3. Some kind of Khorne Altar. (feel free to elaborate...give me ideas)
    4. Some kind of Slannesh Altar. (feel free to elaborate...give me ideas)
    5. Some kind of Nurgle Altar. (feel free to elaborate...give me ideas)
    6. Some kin of Tzeench Altar. (feel free to elaborate...give me ideas)

7. Warp Gate, Demonic warp gate, maybe built from the bodies of a few boxes of Cadians (they stack pretty good.)

Any ideas on how to make the above scenery rock, or even new ideas on more scenery?<--Ready for war.

Sho: out.

Sho: out.

Rome wasn't built in a day, Either should good scenery.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

Some sort of wall of skulls, or a pillar with heaps of sharpened blades coming out of it with skulls piled on top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow... that is a lot of broken walls! I'm not sure I would have the patience to produce that many...

Anyhoo... ideas. I have two; One for a Tzeentch alter, the other for a nurgle one.

For the Tzeentch one, how about a floating chunk of rock? Like its broken out of the ground and just risen into the air, magic circles and runes glowing accross its top... maybe some chains holding it down? It could be done pretty easily with pink foam... the base would be a pretty average crater, then the floating bit would just be flat on top, and an inverted cone underneath. Add a chains (if the chains were glued to be solid they could even hold up the floaty bit...) and a some runes carved into the top, and voila!

As for the nurgle one, what about a medical tent or tents, all corrupted by disease? They could be rotten, with mould and fungus growing over them, and the ground around them dead or dying. I'm sure Nurgle would love the irony of diseased medical facilities!

I'm looking forward to what other people come up with now... maybe I'll get some ideas for my own table!

-wb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Khorne Altar: Skulls and bones and skulls.

Slaanesh Altar: Pink cloth hanging off it, have the torso of a daemonette on one of it's faces, like to look like it's been sculpted into the altar.

Nurgle: Have a cauldron of green goop using that water effects stuff.

And Windbourne's Tzeentch idea is top notch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Haha, you should have the Tzeentch one be a rock that's chiseling itself
    Ya know with a chisel, and a hammer..somehow..I thought it was funny

Khorne: like from Fire Warrior, the giant falling column of blood into the centre or something..just blood and skulls my friend

Slaanesh: a giant..well I'd better not say that..erm, how about a giant speaker..like an amp

Nurgle: oo oo, have a ces pool with plague zombies coming out

Hope these jog your mind.

Peace
    JOIN MY SQUAD IN THE SONS OF THE LIBRARIUM THREAD, I NEED TACTICAL MARINES! I PLAN TO CONVERT UP A SQUAD TO "COUNT AS" LoTD IN MY SMarine ARMY

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x8)

How about a fountain of blood? keeping with the khorne theme but obviously a slightly different setting, and when I say fountain, I mean fountain that works.
    If I had any idea at all how to make one I would, but think of it like how those fancy banquets set up the wine glasses on top of each other that cascade wine down... but using skulls...

Or for an idea on an orky level, a watermill that has skulls as the scoops that gather water.

just thinking about a fountain of blood gets me so excited.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

well... everybody knows that for Slaanesh, genitalia FTW!

I am a bit affected by some wacky japanese erotic museum I went to the other week in my travels.. Hilarious AND rude at the same time. I guess it depends entirely on your audience as to what you can get away with.

I guess if you wanted to be a bit less gratuitous, you could go for the Blackadder "Gi-normous codpeice" sort of thing.

I love the idea of the floating rock thing for the Tzeench monolith... I feel that you may be able to get something that looks like a chain already straight and rigid, already made of metal, so you don't have to go through the furious confusion of making a chain straight by gluing it. (makes my brain hurt to think about it.

I guess you could get a piece of stout wire and thread it through some thin twine or rope, perhaps the thin cloth that coats old electrical wires, so it would look like real rope holding it down, should the chain path be too mukatsuku (difficult).

Gomen, ne... chotto nihongo infecting my brain, desho.

Just had a brainwave! I reckon for Slaanesh, a beating heart nailed to a rock with a channel leading down to a bowl-like structure in which the blood from the still-beating heart pools... sounds kinda Khorne, but suits Slaanesh to a tee! Be still my beating heart? "NO!" says Slaanesh "Your heart shall always beat for me!"

Gruesome, no?
    Eldar ~7k, Orks ~11k, Tyranids ~1k5, Space Wolves ~1k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

legion of the damned

yes a few of shonuff's players do davel in the warp from time to time....like me with my converted chaos lord to jump chappy with claws aka freddy kruger.... and my librarian on a bike...sutter kane...but im only in the warp before and after battles....lol ha ha ...chaos scenery would be awsome... Shonuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Is this from your scenery website? If so that's a lot of money.

As for the warp gate, build a giant arch with lightningh effects all over it, with cadians nailed to it in places, with blood running down the edges, maybe crucified. Building a gate out of cadians will get very, very expensive. I would say the gate should be between 8 and 12" tall. THAT WOULD LOOK AWESOME.
    Avatar's Arena #3 let the games begin!
    The Outsider And Kae'Tyr-necron fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me haves an idea!!!
    how about we make an entire new thread where we take everyone's written ideas for terrain/ board/ scenery/ i like bunnies. and then hopefully people with too much time on their hands who are looking for a project can turn thet idea into reality!
    yew! mr. ideas to the rescue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)