Burgundy? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Burgundy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

Burgundy?

GW Online : Warhammer 40,000 : Space Marines : Ultramarines Miniatures Gallery - Marneus Calgar

How would you achieve a burgundy colour like on the belt tassles of the honour guard in the picture?
    I test drove a scab red and black ink wash which is fairly close but the ink obviously leaves a gloss effect which I don't really want.
    I'm not the best painter, so I'm not after the exact colour, just a close approximation that can be done simply.

Any ideas?

I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try Red Gore, and then a Magenta Ink coat over the top.
    I Bring You Grains Of Truth!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

If the ink gloss is too much for you - using a flat spray varnish such as Testore's dullcote, will get rid of the shine.

Instead of black you may want to use a purple ink wash over a darker red or red/brown base coat before applying the final red highlight. The purple ink should darken the red into a more burgandy look.

I got a more burgundy look on the White Dwarf by first putting down a basecoat of Vallejo Burnt Cadmium Red, doing a purple ink wash, and then highlighting with scar red and then gory red (all vallejo game colors).

cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

I have made a mix of Mechrite Red and Chaos Black... it is a nice color and it still has the ability of the Foundation range to cover the primer...
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

+ Reply to Thread