Painting Models - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Painting Models

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently I finished painting my Crimson Tears and decided to take them to a gaming shop to play a bit. When I got there, I was appalled to find that my army was the only one with any significant amount of paint. I think that painting the armies and fielding a good-looking army is one of the joys of 40K. I mean, when your just passing by a table doesn't a fully painted army just grab your attention? Part of the reason I got into 40K in the first place was because of awesome painted models I saw. Now I'm no master painter, but I do put effort into painting up my models so they at least look decent. The real point I'm trying to get to is, does playing against unpainted models just bother anyone else? I know it bugs the crap outta me!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just started a new space wolves army and most of its unpainted, but i would like it to be painted, so i make myself paint 1 to 2 models a day, yea anyways i know what you mean playing unpainted models is not fun, but i shouldnt be talking. well im gonna go paint

oh yea if the person you are playing has absulutley no painted models it deffineltly sucks the fun from the game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My chaos army was like 50% unpainted, and there were a couple models that weren't even put together (ie, dreadnought, and autocannon guys). But my Tau army is getting the royal treatment, painting wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need to get some of my modals done. I would do some over the weekend but i left my brush at a mates so i&#39;ve missed like a week of painting <_<
    A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ve had my Crimson Tears for almost a year now (although they stayed tiny for a long time). They were half finished until a few weeks ago, but at least they had some paint on them. Finally finished my Guard as well, and they look even better than my Marines. I&#39;m in the process of painting my new Sisters now..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Personally, I never field a mini that isn&#39;t painted.
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Same here, I refuse to field an unpainted mini. I do field minis that aren&#39;t properly based though :o .
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buy based I assume you mean the models base. That I don&#39;t really care about, although I do think my models look better with the bases painted green instead of black. I don&#39;t really do any flocking or anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

many of my minis are unpainted, but are undercoated black at least.. :blink:
    If Knowledge is Power, then Genius is Tyranny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people just like to play and dont give a fig about painting. I have a friend thats like that, a undercoat base is all he needs. I love to paint and field a nice looking army at least to myself. Ill never be as good as some of other people out there.
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast