Black Templars, painted 2005, photos taken yesterday (pic heavy) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Black Templars, painted 2005, photos taken yesterday (pic heavy)

Ok, so I painted these guys back in Dec 2005 when I got back into the hobby from a slight 10year break (Space Hulk!). Anywhoooo, so the pics are a bit fuzzy and dark on account of not having access to a sweat camera, or photo editing tools. Stay with me, I'll get better at snapping pics of figs.

Ok, so my templar army has seen me through a heap of victories, some draws and a few bitter, bitter losses, but all-in-all lots of fun. The fluff is that this chapter has close ties with the imperial fists, and therefore uses a bit o'gold trim. Now the freehand work on the helmets was, I thought, pretty original, until I saw some sweet painting examples of the same idea in WD. <sigh> and I was already done with a crusader squad so I kept it. anywhooo, I used vallejo game color paints, GW black primer, GW inks, testor's dull cotte (<-sp?) matte finish.

my HQ selections... minor greenstuff work on a greyknight to make the Marshall (the red pauldron). the Chaplains were done in mostly "bone" color (rottingflesh tint to highlight) to stand out from the black armored troops. I was going for Baroque with the non-termie's crozius, but I think it looks overdone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

emp champ

nuts, those are big pics.... sorta humbling to see the mistakes blown up lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Dreads

Two dreads, you'll note that one is the venerable Cyril... yup my one chaplain kept bitting it, so.... into the suit he goes.
    http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k...therCyril3.jpg
    http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k...therCyril2.jpg

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k...erStjepan1.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

tanks

ok so these forge world dozers were a fun addition. the checkered pattern is based on some german coat of arms. What was odd to find out is that the checks were rarely symmetrical, having a slight stagger to them

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k...indicator2.jpg
    http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k...catorGroup.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

troops

probably best to just go here, too many links to make lol
    khlaukolash40k/40k Black Templars/Troops - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Very nice tabletop quality army, although i would suggest toning down the dry brushing on the vehicles. Interesting color choice for the chaplains, even though it goes against the fluff of chaplains having black armor i really dig the bone color.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

good, solid advice about the color on the vehicles. When you see the things on the table, the grey seems muted. It is only with it blown to larger than life proportions that you see the streaks.

The bone colored Chaplains are "nonfluffy" but, they just dont really stand out from their black clad buddies... plus at the time I was bored with black hehe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    148 (x2)

you have a very interesting technique for painting, but i like it! it is very unique but it turns out quite nicely and looks even better as an army...one suggestion, highlighting black with slightly watered down codex grey will do wonders for your chaplains
    chaos marines have the chaos gods on their side, but space marines have games workshop on theirs

+ Reply to Thread