help with a lizardmen scheme - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help with a lizardmen scheme

Hey people,

I'm starting Lizardmen soon and was wondering what to use for a color scheme. I eventually found a pic of a frog that looked cool: http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...1025094918.jpg

What I'm looking for is what paints and techniques I can use with this scheme. I'm not that good of a painter, and i haven't even done any washing or blending before, so don't give me any immensly difficult stuff!

Thanks,
    Tyrannis

Quote Originally Posted by Katie Drake on LO Chat
    Ignore Tyrannis, he's incapable of thinking about anything aside from Tyranids.
    Official Remembrancer of LO Chat!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

I'm terrible about knowing what colours to use so I won't say anything about that. I usually judge it by eye as I paint.

Lizardmen don't have much flat space on them (it's all scales) so blending probably won't be used much. Washes are excellent for the amount of detail on Lizardmen and much easier than most would imagine.

If you ever do banners, use the reptilian/feline eye on them. It's simple and very striking. Fantastic design.

Don't spraypaint, basecoat or undercoat your models black. It will kill the brightness of your colour scheme (and most likely ruin any yellow parts).

I suggest doing a test model (post pics of it if you want feedback).
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x5)

That should be a really nice colour scheme for your lizzies. If did decide to use a black undercoat CBrate is right but if you use a coat of Iyanden Darksun of citidels paints that should be able to do a good yellow over it.

I dont think you have to be a good painter to do that theme at all just take your time to do it useally works for me. Also yes post some test pictures ^_^.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

i'd base them white, then use orcshade green for your first layer drybrush goblin green on that. then for the ridges on top either deviate from the scheme and color them, or use Gretchin green for the ridges.

for the underside, start with a bubonic brown, then go up to a yellow you don't want to bright of a yellow maybe mix with a brown to reduce it's sharpness.

then give the top a wash with the green citadel wash and the body with sephia wash.

what i think would work
    Painting: 20 quarrelers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty simple:
    Do your scales in [darker] green, drybrush [lighter] green over them (where there's not much paint on your brush)
    Orange on the underside, then drybrush yellow. Pick out the details with the colors of your choosing.

+ Reply to Thread