Librarium Online Forums banner

Tzeentch Daemon Prince

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  TheEndIsHere 
#1 ·
hey guys, i have a pretty sizeable Thousand Sons force, and i was thinking that i was in the need of a sick-looking, converted Daemon Prince to top it off. Now i personally love the fluff, and with all of my modelling and converting, try to stay as true to the fluff and cannon of the look of the Thousand Sons to the tee. so therefore my army doesnt sport lots of spikes and trophies, and chains and the like (like most CSM forces do), but more of scrolls, littanies, parchments, and has a general, but not overwhelming egyptian feeling.

now enough with the background of my army, and more to the question at hand. i was wondering if anyone could give me tips on converting a Daemon Prince in the fashion of my army? i was planning on buying the regular model and just using a staff and green stuff to the best of my ability to make parchments, littanies and perhaps a Thousand Sons Sorcerer-esq looking helmet. any and all help is welcomed and greatly appreciated. this issue has been plaguing (no pun intended,:soldier: i hate nurgle ) me for a while.

#5 ·
I saw an amazing Tzeentch prince at my store some time ago. If I see him again I'll take a picture. It was a DP's armor painted 1k sons colors with a crazy wolf-type head, holding this really ornate Icon of Tzeentch. No spikes, no skulls, just mysterious (and awesome).

#7 ·
Well, Tzeench is the god of mutation, so it would be a good idea to give him some crazy mutations too. Now I know the rest of your army does not have chaotic things on it, and that works, but as he is a daemon prince, he should have something very chaosy to him, like mutations.

My suggestion would be 2 heads, an extra arm join, or tenticles.

Just a thought.

#10 ·
I like the 2 head idea but only if they look natural and maybe distinct but same (as in almsot exacly the same but maybe one thats like orange/red and one green/blue)

Extra joints I don't see as 40K Chaos Marines, maybe LatD but not Chaos

And I see tentacles as a thing of slannesh I don't see Tzeentch mutating that way cause testicles seem to normal, I see him as an inventer, always trying new things like some one coming out of someone else or the snake1 eat snake2 eat snake1 thing but not tentacles to, normal *wow tentacles comnig out of people normal?*...

D-Emd

#12 ·
Well, thanks to this topic I've figured out what my Daemon Price will be based on..

My Thousand Sons army is very living shell looking. I tried to minimize individuality among squads. As such the leader really need to stand out, yet I still need to fit the theme. That's why going with one of the Inquisitor models which looks like a big power armored fig will work best for my approach.

The goal is to take the Witch Hunter Tyrus, modify the arms some. Make the pistol arm, which doesn't really make sense on a demon prince into a Magnetic arm which will allow me to customize it should the need arise. Keep the one arm as a Lightning Claw type weapon.

Re-do the head, as my theme is living shell, i'll need to enclose the head, and probably use a single cyclops eye slit instead of 2 eye-slits. Behind this Eye Slit, i'll toss in a LED.

Then go about filling off the old Glyphs and putting on new Thousand Son Glyphs in their place.

No wings unfortunately, it just doesn't fit my army.

I'm also not looking forward to hand making a breathing backpack....

But, this way i'll be able to run it as a Daemon Prince or as a Chaos Lord should the need arise. Or if 6th edition comes out before i finish.

#14 ·
OMG sorry! I don't know what gone into me testicles and tentacles aren't even close, maybe iw as thiknig of ... anyways! I like the idea of the cyclops eye. You guys seems really cool (when he's done).

Sorry for the typo.

D-End

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.