Space marine helmets? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

Space marine helmets?

I have just come across some space marines, and looking for a new scheme is my first challenge but I want to have a system defining the types of weapons they carry, for example, sargents are almost always CCW and pistol, so red helmets is cool for me, but perhaps for heavy weapons, blue or yellow? or a mix of both.

Flamers are special weapons right? so green for them? just something to quickly tell apart who is who and what they are firing in the squads.

Even go so far as to say, half helmets depending on the exact CCW a squad leader is using, power fist : black, power weapon : yellow.

Am I making myself all clear?

Anyway has anyone ever seen this done before? or know that link where I can make my own custom space marine scheme?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

The Bolter and Chainsword : Space Marine Painter

Link one

GW Online : Warhammer 40,000 : Space Marines : Interactive Space Marine Painter

Link two.

Paint them how you want, they are your models, but I've not heard of different squad members having different helmets when they are part of the same squad before.
    UM's have red helmets for sergeants (which, not to be nitpicky, is the correct spelling of sargent), BA's have red for tactical squads, yellow for assault and blue for devastators - but its for the whole squad, not just individuals.

But, like I said, go for it. There is no real reason not to.
    I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

Well in my defence, at least I had the right word, clearify is something totally wrong.
    I know I can paint them to however I want and thanks for the links! I want to think long and hard about this army before I paint to make sure its withing my skill limits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

In rogue trader they set out a system like what you describe, usingf lines and such on the helmets to determine what the marine's arm is, sadly I don't have it to hand.
    Up, up and away!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pick something simple and stick with it throught out your army. For example, paint all the helmets white for example and then paint the strip on top a different color. I have see nthis a couple of times and it always works out.
    http://brunsvillegame.blogspot.com/2...1_archive.html
    PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LOOK AT MY BLOG!
    Rep people if they help you!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

i have insignium astartes at home, and off the top of my head, standard index astartes colours are as follows:

Sergeant: red helmet

Vet. Sergeant: red helmet with white stripe

Veteran/1st Company: White helmet.

All other troopers have a standard colour helmet.

Of course there are variations, for example Blood Angels have red helmets for tactical squads, yellow for assault and blue for devastator. Codex Space marines, and how to paint space marines are good reference points - as is insignium astartes if you can get a hold of any....

Best way is to keep to a system, and then you can add variations on that as you see fit...

Personally i like the way insignium astartes has it, but using different colours/markings.

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

It’s a nice idea, but smacks of ‘making thing difficult for the sake of it.’
    I can also see a problem, if any of your marines are bare headed then how will
    they know what weapon they are meant to be using?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Floating around space finding and converting small planets into biomatter for the fleet.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

You get enough helmeted heads in the sets, so if you wanted to do such a scheme based on helmets it wouldn't be hard to avoid using bare heads, thus negating such a problem. Plus im sure if you did use bare heads you could add markings somewhere else on such marines to show what they're carrying.

Main Armies: The Septem Edo Hivefleets || Da Mekanikus of Mek Skagnatz || Clan Skrawlskir of the White Rat || The Eternal Legion of Chlorr

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x8)

I took all their helmets off, for 2 reasons mainly, I can't paint faces for crap and because I love the look of the helmets compared to some guy screaming like a n00b.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)