New 40k, new army, new colour scheme. C+C please - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

New 40k, new army, new colour scheme. C+C please

So, I was in GW earlier, and fancied doing something new, something that I could play around with the new washes and could get a fair few models painted up to a reasonable standard in a short space of time. I got a biovore first of all, I simply liked the mini, thought the rules for it seem cool, and it was in stock!

Results of prelim paint testing are below. Its only very roughatm as I'm just trying a few things out. The main problem is I don't want to overdo the no. of colours on it. I'm pretty happy with what I have there, and plan to transfer most of the scheme to my broods: blue wash "armour", sepia for the more fleshy bits and green for any of the more gribbly bioweapons. I may well do a purple wash over the green, and use the others sparingly in different places, but I want the majority of the minis I paint to be done using ony basecoats and the washes.

C+C welcome and appreciated.

AE

Attached Images
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Well that is a pretty unique colour scheme. I would say that it would benefit from some more highlighting, though. What have you planned for your bases?

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

Looking good. I like the scheme. It's not very meancing. But that just me.
    Otherwise good job.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

I'm still experimenting with various colours. The problem with highlighting is I went for the small nid army to see what the washes can do, and I'm painting it using pretty much JUST the washes if I can. I'll give ita another coat tonight and see how things go. I've also added in alittle purple with the green. This seems to work nicely. As for the bases, They're a bit of an afterthought. Lets see how the rest looks first I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The color scheme certainly fits the Tyrannid description. I like it! However, it looks like you sort of overdid it with the washes, but that gives him a nice 'scaly' texture. I'm conflicted...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

321 (x8)

As I said, this is purely me pushing the washes to see what they can do, and using only washes as much as possible. So overdoing them is kind of the point!

AE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x3)

nice lookin' biovore you got there! the color scheme is very good, I like it a lot.
    How dare you speak out against LO! I shall beat you with a giant inflatable duck and then ban you to the lowest level of hell! ~Karmoon
    My recruitment link!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm always good at reading the whole post, especially if it's more than 2 sentences
    Again, nice color scheme, and nice paint job.

Oh, I just remembered. My friend is starting 'nids, so do you have any advice to him on painting them? He sends his thank yous.
    Last edited by The Green Meep; July 17th, 2008 at 21:27.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

321 (x8)

What I did was get a white basecoat, paint a watered down fortress grey all over the model, overbrushed again with white then used the washes straight out the pot. simple as. No highlighting, no mixing, no layering, and a pretty quick result. It has taken a couple of coats to get a look I'm happy with though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

The three colors you used together doesn’t make the model look very ferocious at all. I think you should choose some darker colors or maybe switch out the green or the flesh/yellow for another color and see if you get a better result.
    What is dis signature nonsence?! dem stupid human zoggers are always trien to confuze us.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast