After a long hiatus, some Assassins! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Voice of Reason RJSuperfreaky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x3)

After a long hiatus, some Assassins!

Hey there guys!

Sorry for the long absence, but I have moved in the past year, gotten more involved with a local gaming group (and their upstart website), so my posting here has fallen a bit dramatically. That being said, don't think that I haven't been painting!

So here are some of the Assassins that I have done in the interim. As always, C & C welcome!

Death-cult assassins:

and a converted Eversor...

Please let me know what you think!

Marion: You're not the man I knew ten years ago.
    Indiana: It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.

For the last time, there are
    NO FEMALE SPACE MARINES!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    215 (x4)

Good stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

I can't say I like the death cult assassin models but that's the nicest paint job I've seen on them. If I may quibble it would be on the scroll work, the text could do to be finer/closer but that's just a pet peeve of mine.
    The eversor- also very nice but the blue doohickey on the sensor looks rather flat and featureless.
    Up, up and away!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    467 (x8)

I think the colours are fabulous, except for the metallics! Is it the photos or are they like that IRL? Because, I think the blacks have got some real depth (props!) and the blues and reds are nice and subtle. But the silver and gold, hmmm.

Good work and welcome back from your break.
    Cervantes: In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the highlights on the eversor, thats so smooth its unreal!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

wow.

It looks like the death cult and the eversor were done by two different people. The death cult is really soft, while the eversor has a bit more definition to him.

Great job on both anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Welcome back!

That Eversor sure looks awesome! I love tha fact that you replaced the (rather silly) head with a more menacing weapon, befitting the huggable little guy the Eversor is. And the DC assassins looks cool as well - always liked those models.

As others have said - excellent work on the blacks, reds and blues, but teh metallics look a bit flat to be honest. They would really benefit from some proper shading and highlighting, which would; bam! knock these up another notch!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Those models look good. I think your work on converting the Eversor is well done. His, poky hand ( I forget the name) is good looking. I think I would agree that your metallics could do with a lille more work. The knives and blades of the Assasins could be improved by drybrushing some silver on the end of the weapons. It would help to make them look sharper and as if they are catching the light.

The same could be done for the Eversor's hand. Though I think you need to shade his hand. Between his metal fingers is just more metal and it makes his hand look like a solid hand shaped piece of metal. You could try to use watered down black between his fingers to make them look like they are capapble of independent movement as at the moment they look a little like one big sharp thing.

I think the rest of the effects are very good. The work on the black is very good. Doing black can be a pain but this lot look good. I think I like the highlights on the Eversor's body the best. The choice of the red and black looks good too, I think the colour scheme works best on the first Assasin with the two knives who is my favourite.
    Last edited by Leech; July 20th, 2008 at 23:55.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x3)

that is really awesome, especially the skull helmet.
    How dare you speak out against LO! I shall beat you with a giant inflatable duck and then ban you to the lowest level of hell! ~Karmoon
    My recruitment link!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well painted indeed. The metallics don't look as good, but i think the only way to make them look better would be to not use metallic paints and instead use alot of blending. The way you highlighted on the body of the second model instead of just drybrushing is what really makes it stand out. A squad of these would look monumental.
    Cheers,

swiecki

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)