Cost to Paint Miniatures - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

Cost to Paint Miniatures

Hey everyone, just a quick question.

Although I really enjoy painting, I don't really have a lot of time right now, so I'm considering just having someone paint my rank and file troops. Not a professional painter mind you, but maybe someone from my hobby store who has some extra free time.
    How much would be a fair and reasonable price for just a basic one, maybe two coats of painting for regular troops by an amateur?

I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it would really depend on how much detail and expertise they put into each model. A quick google search might provide you with a reasonable estimate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x3)

for a basic mini, basecoat, wash, and higlight, i'd say a reasonable price would be $3-4 each, depending on the comlexity of the mini. which army are we talking about?
    How dare you speak out against LO! I shall beat you with a giant inflatable duck and then ban you to the lowest level of hell! ~Karmoon
    My recruitment link!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

I'm looking at vampire counts, but I may use some LoTR miniatures as they are cheaper.
    I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

If you are going to pay to have someone paint your miniatures - my suggestion is to save up and have someone paint them better than you can do yourself. You will most likely be more pleased overall with the figures that way.

Otherwise - why not just buy some painted figures off e-bay that you like?

Usually you get what you pay for. Cheaply painted will tend to be not so great.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

It all depends on the complexity and quality. For example if I just wanted black templars well that’s easy but if I wanted aspect warriors and all there jewels and runes painted that’s another story. If its only rank and file and your not to bothered about the detail then id pay for em per squad/unit. Say the same again as what it cost you, is £18 for a regiment of zombies, £18 to paint em. If you just want the basics done you can always add in your own personal touches later. Hell to just undercoat them, basic colours and maybe a highlight or two it could be done in a day or two. As said above you get what you pay for.

PL
    I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

254 (x5)

Thanks for the feedback everyone. What was said helps me a lot. I've decided... wel, on nothing at the moment, but it's defiantely something to mull over. I'll of course see if I can't find the time to paint first, but if I just can't seem to chip away at the backlog of miniatures I'll need to paint, I'll take another look into the idea with a better understanding. Thanks again.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x8)

I'd do it for a few bucks each, but because of the massive distance issue the postage of that much worth of stuff might be less incentive.

+ Reply to Thread