Ok, I'm Gonna Buy Pre-made Scenery! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i cant do better anyway, and the jungle trees are 75 pence each, so split with my brother, it'll cost each of us about £10-15 for a lovely jungle board!

Oh then we can have those barricades which cost £1.66 each. again i can spend £16 and have 10 of those lovley 40k Obstacals! (Well it'll cost us £8 each)

And a few of those Tank Traps and Ammo crates hidden in the jungle, and in that ruin i made will cost us another £3 each!

So this is gonna cost us £26 (Roughly) Each
    Thats about a months savings for us&#33; <_<

A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do agree&#33; i know i kepe talking about scenery to you, but anyways. The first scenery i made was absolute crap&#33;&#33;&#33; I keep on making things. Like for the crates that look like cylinders, use old batteries and look on google.com images for biolagical hazard signs and things and glue them on. Paint them silver and voila. Small cardboard boxes can make crates, paint them brown and again stick on pieces of paper.

Trees are hard, i cant do them. Alien plants are easy, get a ball that you can punch holes through, paint it green, and stick cocktail sticks in. That grass hint i gave you earlier, get gras and put it in water until it turns brown, stick it to cardboard and paint the cardboard. Bunkers and pillboxes ive added a post about, just cut a box down to size and put holes in to shoot through. Barricades, leftover toilet rolls, cut in half and had spikes put in them, bent so they stand up. The wasy of making scenery are endless. Sure go ahead and buy them, but making your own can be done alot cheaper, not easier, but it will become easier.

Lets see, £26 or £5, then if you save up buy some wood, and make an actual table to play on (put it on top of a dining table or something. or you could buy a mat that looks like grass to put over the top to make the game look more real.

something to think about, it wont make your brains pop out&#33; :blink:
    Won/Drawn/Lost (Only counting games 1500pts and over)

Space Marines -- Emperor&#39;s Legion (3/0/0)
    Tyranids (2/0/0)
    Orks (0/0/0) --Not Yet Ready--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ve alrady got 4x4 of flocked MDF&#33;

Just need some nice, easy terrian, i havent got time to make it, since i&#39;ve got tons to paint
    A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes the readymade terrain is just as good and even better then most players are able to build themselves...
    Most of my terrain is bought, but then again I also try to use readymade terrain in my scenery projects.
    The problem ofcourse is the price... everything costs... and some of the readymade terrain is really, really expencive...
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Readymade terrains can be very kewl if you customise them little...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could get together with a few friends and have a terrain making weekend. Everyone gives each other ideas you split the cost and everyone benefits, you&#39;ll walk away with several new pieces of scenery and when you all get together, Voila instant battlefield. The best part is everyone keeps each other motivated so after a few hours your not like " I couldn&#39;t be bothered, it&#39;s all to hard whinge, whinge, whinge "
    ( not calling you a whinger ).

Speaking of Battlefield, I&#39;m of to play Battlefield 1942 ( I lurve that game ) I can&#39;t wait till the Age of War 40000 mod is out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don&#39;t forget to look in your fish and flower stores. They carry some really cool items that make very good ready made terrain. I got these in a fish store:

Before a quick ink wash:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, that stuff&#39;s pretty cool&#33; I should check my local pet shop for some terrain and that kind of shizzle.
    If Knowledge is Power, then Genius is Tyranny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow that stuff looks good. I usually buy forge world stuff as well. They have some nice terrain for your tables.
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

holy...&#33;&#33;&#33; that is pretty cool&#33;&#33;&#33; how much did that cost?? the cheaper the better.

I have a new idea for scenery to, cliffs.
    I know they have allready been made, but anyways. If you get a fairly big polestyrene block (not sheets) and chisel holes out of them, you have a cliff. also you could place a bunker on top of it for cover.

REMEMBER: When cuttin polestyrene it releases dangerous chemicals that cause cancer, wear a face guard thing.
    Won/Drawn/Lost (Only counting games 1500pts and over)

Space Marines -- Emperor&#39;s Legion (3/0/0)
    Tyranids (2/0/0)
    Orks (0/0/0) --Not Yet Ready--

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast